Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDBPro 1.2 Beta Released

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDBPro 1.2 Beta Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:41 pm

NOTE: This beta test is now over. You can download the completed version 1.2 from the link below:
http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=75

A beta test version of NeoBookDBPro 1.2 is now available for download from link below:

-url removed-

The beta includes the following:

Enhancements

-Updated user interface to match the one used by NeoBook v5.6.

-Added GetDefaultValues property to the dbsSetGridProperties action. Normally, a database server will not apply default field values (defined with dbpCreateTable) until a record is posted. When using a grid to insert new records, this behavior causes fields to appear empty instead of displaying their default values. Only when the record is posted will the default values display. Setting GetDefaultValues to "Yes" tells NeoBookDBPro to retrieve default values from the server and apply them to each field at the time the record is inserted. Setting GetDefaultValues to "No" tells NeoBookDBPro to let the database server handle default field values normally.

-Added a DefaultValue property to the dbpSetFieldProperties action which can be used to programmatically define a default value to be assigned to the field when a new record is created. This value takes precedence over any default values for the field implemented on the database server (defined with dbpCreateTable).

-Added EditOnly property to the dbpSetGridProperties action. When EditOnly = Yes, existing records in the table can be edited, but no new records can be added from the grid. EditOnly = No, allow new records to be added from the grid.

-The value returned by the dbpSum action is now formatted using the calculated field's display format as specified in dbpSetFieldProperties.

-Fields set to read-only in dbpSetFieldProperties can now be modified programmatically (using SetVar, etc.).

-The ReportDesigner’s Edit > Paste command can now be used to paste images and text from the clipboard into a report.

-And several other minor enhancements.

Fixes

-Modified the grid’s popup calendar so that it defaults to the current date instead of 1899 when used with an empty (null) date field. (In order for the calendar popup to appear in the grid the date field must be formatted using dbpSetFieldProperties > DisplayFormat.)

-Temporary tables can now be used in reports.

-Made several modifications to reduce or eliminate instances of invalid bookmark errors.

-The dbpImportFromCSV action now works correctly with memo fields containing carriage returns.

-NeoBookDBPro-specific codes are no longer appended to the end of files exported from picture/blob fields. These codes used by NeoBookDBPro to identify the type of data stored in picture/blob fields, but could confuse some third party applications.

-And several other minor fixes.

Although this is a beta version, registered users may use it with their finished compiled publications if they wish.

You may use this forum to post questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc. or send email to info@neosoftware.com
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi..

Thanks Dave,
i was waiting for that update... Merry Christmas to all of you...
smartmedia

Balck line

Postby smartmedia » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi..

I use an Access database using dbpPro.
I use dbpSetColumnWidths and dbpGetColumnWidths to read and write in registry and adjust the Width of the grid.
Now, as you see in the image they are 2 columns in grid, if i enter some records i get black lines, if i move a window from one other app above my app the black line are removed, but if i scroll again are shown again.
This is refresh screen problem...??? My image cache is 50.
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:52 pm

It looks like it has something to do with the row selection. I'll try to duplicate it here.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:24 am

Hi..

Dave, i am trying to delete a record from an MySQL table without to open the table first using dbpDeleteRecord and i receive this error:

1) "Operation is not allowed when the object is closed"
2) "Cannot make changes to read-only table"

To take the results i want i using a query and present it in a grid, that's why i don't open the table. After i can't do anything, i must close and reopen the application.

Now, if i open the table first is taking to long to load the grid, i don't know how many records you made it to show.
Can you modify the command dbpOpenTable so the user will enter how many records will be shown, when the table is open...??? For example:
dbpOpenTable "Database" "Users" "" "30" or
dbpOpenTable "Database" "Users" "" "0"
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:04 pm

The table has to be open in order for dbpDeleteRecord to work. Otherwise, how would the database engine know which record to delete?

Instead, if you want to open just a portion of a table you can use a SQL command prior to opening the table. For example:

dbpExecSQL "Database" "SELECT TOP 30 * FROM Users" ""
dbpOpenTable "Database" "Users" ""

This will display only the first 30 records.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Problems with installing version 1.2

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:53 am

Hi Dave

I want to report something. I am using Neobook 5.5.4 and i be using NeobookDBPro 1.1.e, so far so good,it does what it does it works. But when i am downloading an install the Beta Version and i do run a programm in Neobook, i can not stop the programm that is runing at that time even when i return in Neobook wan to and press to stop is doesn't work.

With Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:53 am

Fred,

...But when i am downloading an install the Beta Version and i do run a programm in Neobook, i can not stop the programm that is runing at that time even when i return in Neobook wan to and press to stop is doesn't work.

Does this happen with the sample publications included with DBPro (AddressBook, etc.) or only with your publication?
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am

Smartmedia,

I use dbpSetColumnWidths and dbpGetColumnWidths to read and write in registry and adjust the Width of the grid.
Now, as you see in the image they are 2 columns in grid, if i enter some records i get black lines, if i move a window from one other app above my app the black line are removed, but if i scroll again are shown again.
This is refresh screen problem...???

I have been trying to contact you by email but have not received a response. I have not been able to reproduce the problem above. Can you supply a sample publication?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

recation about neobook pro beta

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:30 am

Hi Dave,

It not only happend when i run a programm including a database but by all the programms i be running, even the neobook samples i be runing as a try out. I am not to be able to stop the programm after installing NeoBookDbPro Beta.

With Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby smartmedia » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:22 am

Neosoft Support wrote:Smartmedia,

This is refresh screen problem...???

I have been trying to contact you by email but have not received a response. I have not been able to reproduce the problem above. Can you supply a sample publication?

Hi Dave,
Sorry Dave, i didn't receive your email, perhaps lost or something else.
It's a little difficult to create a sample pub because this is a part of a big application.
The problem still remains, I will try to figure out why is happening. If you under pressure for releasing the normal version of the plugin, just leave it. If i found why i will tell you.
This is a video i made.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=24g83d4&s=5
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 am

Fred,

It not only happend when i run a programm including a database but by all the programms i be running, even the neobook samples i be runing as a try out. I am not to be able to stop the programm after installing NeoBookDbPro Beta.

This is very strange. I'm not clear on exactly what's happening. Here are some questions to help identify the problem you are having:

1. After installing the DBPro beta, is it NeoBook that cannot be stopped or a publication?

2. What version of NeoBook are you using?

3. Do you have any other plug-ins installed? Does removing them solve the problem?

4. When you are "unable to stop the program" what appears on-screen? Is there any activity? Is there an error message?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

back to reality about neobookDBPro

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 am

Hi Dave,

you ask me some question about it. I did download Neobook 5.6.2 and then i download NeobookDBPro Beta it did work correctly. I did uninstall all the plugings i had and only did install reinstall Neobook 5.5.4, NeobookDbPro Beta version. I can stop NeoBook it self but i can not stop the publication i be running at in the same time i can't stop Neobook after running when i install NeoBookDbProBeta so I have to start up vista again and then i can run NeoBook again.... It does not show errors after installing NeoBookProBeta.

regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:02 am

Fred,

The problem only occurs with the DBPro 1.2 beta is used with NeoBook 5.5.4? I'll see if I can reproduce it here.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:08 am

Hi Dave,

Yes the problem with NeoBookDB 1.2 only occurs with NeoBook 5.5.4 and works fine if you do use NeoBook Version 5.6.2.

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Next

Return to NeoBookDBPro