Source language: Translate to:

Some questions about dbpreport

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Some questions about dbpreport

Postby carlos torres » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:19 am

Hi everybody

TIA, I've been working with dbp plugin and I found some issues:

1 - When you are showing data with a grid and you have a date in your data if you click on that cell NB shows a calendar. The question is How can I initiate a calendar with the appropriate date? it always start at December 1899.

2 - If you want to work on a report w/ no relation to any datafile in order to finish it later, dbpReport doesn't admit to "save as" without to attach a datafile.

3 - Working w/ dbreport I load a memo field with no more than 170 words. Well, dbpreport doesn't show it correctly it truncates/trim the content even if check the "wrod wrap" and the "auto size" properties.

I will appreciate your help, regards.

carlost
carlos torres

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:38 pm

1 - When you are showing data with a grid and you have a date in your data if you click on that cell NB shows a calendar. The question is How can I initiate a calendar with the appropriate date? it always start at December 1899.

This is what MS Access does when a date field is empty. I will see if it's possible for us to force today's date into date fields when a new record is created in the next update.

2 - If you want to work on a report w/ no relation to any datafile in order to finish it later, dbpReport doesn't admit to "save as" without to attach a datafile.

The database specified in the report is only used within the designer. The When a report is generated from a publication it uses whatever database you specify. If for some reason you don't want a database associated with a report, you can open the saved version and clear the report properties.

3 - Working w/ dbreport I load a memo field with no more than 170 words. Well, dbpreport doesn't show it correctly it truncates/trim the content even if check the "wrod wrap" and the "auto size" properties.

Can you send us a sample publication that demonstrates this problem?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro