Source language: Translate to:

Cursor on of

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Cursor on of

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:39 am

Hi to all,

I have a question, i had made a data entry database. Now is my question if i let a user save the record i want to set the cursor off when the view after the records and let it only see when the use a push button called edit record. Is the possible and so yes how ?

With Regards.
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am

If you're using Text Entry Fields to edit the database, then you can disable the fields with NeoBook's DisableObject action which will prevent them from being edited. To make the fields editable again, use the EnableObject action.

If you're using a grid, then you can use the dbpSetGridProperties action to change the grid's read-only status. For example:

dbpSetGridProperties "AddrBook" "Contacts" "ReadOnly=Yes"

dbpSetGridProperties "AddrBook" "Contacts" "ReadOnly=No"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:36 am

Hi Dave

I know when i using a grid, that i can use the dbpSetGridProperties action to change the grid's read-only status. But my question is when you make a database in a form view setting, if there is a opportunity to set the cursor on or off... !!!!

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Gaev » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:59 pm

Fred;

Not sure what you mean by set the cursor on or off ... if you are refering to the blinking vertical bar that appears inside a TextEntry Box where the next typed character is inserted ... you accomplish this by using the DisableObject command ... from the Help file ...
Code: Select all
Purpose:
Disable an object. Disabled objects ignore all mouse and keyboard events. Disabled objects appear shaded indicating to readers that they are not available for use.

Syntax:
DisableObject "object name"

If you have many such TextEntry objects in your "Form" ... you might consider an alternate method ... i.e. create a Rectangle object with a Transparent background ... and keep this object off screen ... then, when you want to prevent user from entering data into your Form, use ... Moveobject and ObjectToFront commands ... so that this Rectangle covers the TextEntry Boxes in your Form ... move it off screen when not required.

Haven't tried this myself but you might even consider placing your Form's TextEntry Boxes inside a Container object ... then just one DisableObject command should cause all contained objects to be disabled from user input.
Gaev

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:09 am

Hi Dave en Gaev,

I want to thank you both for helping me with my problem... Gaev, afterall it was so simple, and i was thinking and thinking for a solution for it but after all it works to disable all the fields in form view........ So you see you can sometimes thinks to difficult and it the solution is so nearly by...

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Return to NeoBookDBPro