Source language: Translate to:

Report with dbpExecSQL

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report with dbpExecSQL

Postby Stefan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:47 am

Hi
I try once more to print a report with data selected with the dbpExecSQL command in a neobook application but the data doesn't appear.

So i will explain:

First i have the two commands to select a measurement-table:
- dbpExecSQL "mysql_gsc" "SELECT * FROM orderzeilemas inner join masse ON masse.kuerzel=orderzeilemas.kuerzel AND masse.nummer=orderzeilemas.masstabelle WHERE pid=[mysql_gsc.ok.pid] AND ordernr=[mysql_gsc.ok.ordernr] ORDER BY orderzeilemas.folge" "mt"
- dbpOpenTable "mysql_gsc" "mt" ""
The result are 20 datarecords....i have a field on page1 of the report [mysql_gsc.mt.$RecCount] and it comes with 20!

Then i have a Subreport.
In the Subreport i have a Data Body with the Partition Properties, Table set to mt (mt is my virtual Table)

In the Data Body i have the fields, [mysql_gsc.mt.kuerzel] and [mt.kuerzel] but both fields doesn't appear on the list.

So, what do i wrong?
I know from an other disussion, that it must work. It's clear for me, that i must test the report from my application!

Kind regards
Stefan
Stefan

Postby smartmedia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:18 am

Hi..

I have the same problem, see here http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16411
This is a ReportDeginer problem that don't understand the virtual table, Dave insist that this suppose to work, unfortunately doesn't.
But you can print the result using the simple report dbpro has.
I hope Dave will look at it in the next update.. It's a big bug if you ask me.
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am

I'll certainly look into this for the next update. In the mean time, just create a real table with the same structure as the source table. Then direct the query results to the new table. For example:

Code: Select all
dbpCreateTable "mysql_gsc" "mt" "..."

dbpExecSQL "mysql_gsc" "SELECT * FROM orderzeilemas inner join masse ON masse.kuerzel=orderzeilemas.kuerzel AND masse.nummer=orderzeilemas.masstabelle WHERE pid=[mysql_gsc.ok.pid] AND ordernr=[mysql_gsc.ok.ordernr] ORDER BY orderzeilemas.folge" "mt"

.it is not necessary to open the table, ExecSQL will take care of that

dbpPreviewReport "mysql_gsc" "..."

dbpDropTable "mysql_gsc" "mt"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Stefan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:36 am

Hi
Thanks, so it works!

Here i have a suggestion for the Report-Designer:
Is it possible to become a zoom-function in NeoBookDBPro Report Designer? On great LCD-Displays the fields are very little....

With kind regards
Stefan
Stefan

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 am

Is it possible to become a zoom-function in NeoBookDBPro Report Designer? On great LCD-Displays the fields are very little....

I'm not sure it's possible, but I'll add it to the list of things to think about.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro