Source language: Translate to:

dbpExecSQL and Grid-functions

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dbpExecSQL and Grid-functions

Postby Stefan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:21 am

Hi

I have several databases (MySQL) wich i join with the dbpExexSQL command together (redundance of data).
Then i display a grid with the grid-commands of neoDBPro....

If i change now a field content, i become the error-message: "Nicht genügend Schlüsselfeldinformation zum Aktualisieren" what meens:
Not enough indexfieldinformation for update....

What is the idea of NeoDBPro-developer in such a case?
How is the procedure to do changes and update the changes back to the tables. that?

My SQL-command:

dbpExecSQL "partner" "SELECT *
FROM (kundemass left join masse on kundemass.nummer=masse.nummer AND kundemass.kuerzel=masse.kuerzel)left join masstabelle on kundemass.nummer=masstabelle.nummer AND kundemass.kuerzel=masstabelle.kuerzel
WHERE pid=[pid] AND kundemass.kundennr=[kundennr] AND kundemass.nummer=[masstabelle] AND masstabelle.groesse=[partner.kmt.basisgroesse]
ORDER BY kundemass.folge" "matab"

Tanks!
Stefan

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Stefan,

Almost all error messages returned by DBPro originate with the host database engine (MS Access, mySQL, etc.). That sometimes makes it difficult to tell if you're running into a DBPro problem or a database engine problem. It may have something to do with the way your tables are structured or with the syntax of your SQL command. You might try searching some of the mySQL sites and see if this is a common error message.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Stefan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:56 am

Hi

- Is there a possibility to prevent the grid, that it will update a datarecord?
The command dbpSetAutoEdit "partner" "matab" "No" doesn't prevent that. But i want allow an input in one column of this grid.

- Is there a possibility to control the change from one row to an other row, (record) so i can give actions to this change? In this case i can call an other dbpOpenTable command to update the informations....

Thank You very much for an answer!
Stefan
Stefan

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:29 pm

- Is there a possibility to prevent the grid, that it will update a datarecord?
The command dbpSetAutoEdit "partner" "matab" "No" doesn't prevent that. But i want allow an input in one column of this grid.

You can use the dbpSetFieldProperties action to set specific fields to read-only.

Is there a possibility to control the change from one row to an other row, (record) so i can give actions to this change? In this case i can call an other dbpOpenTable command to update the informations.

The dbpOpenTable action includes an optional subroutine that will be automatically executed whenever the table is updated or the current record number changes. This can be useful if you want to activity to take place whenever the reader displays a different record. Subroutines are entered from the Actions page of NeoBook's Book Properties screen.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro