Source language: Translate to:

Report Printing

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report Printing

Postby Carl_SA » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:26 am

I have a database with a couple of hundred records. I have created a report using the Report Designer. I need to print a report per record. Is there a way for me to get the report to run for each record. I am looking at printing a single continous report to a pdf printer. I cannot seem to find a command that will include all records or query records. Any help will be appreciated.
Carl_SA

Postby Gaev » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:24 am

Carl_SA:
I cannot seem to find a command that will include all records or query records. Any help will be appreciated.
In your pub, you can do the usual dbpOpenDatabase/dbpOpenAccessDatabase ... followed by dbpOpenTable and dbpQuery commands ... then deploy ...
Code: Select all
dbpPrintReport "database id" "report file" "options"

I need to print a report per record. Is there a way for me to get the report to run for each record. I am looking at printing a single continous report to a pdf printer.
This is confusing ... when you say, "a report per record", do you mean one/more pages of printed output per record" ... within a single (NeoBookDBPro) Report ? ... or hundreds of one/more page reports that you want to direct to a special printer driver that can (somehow) append multiple print files to a single PDF document ?

If not, perhaps you can provide details of the type of report you defined ... and what kind of layout (per record) you are trying to produce.
Gaev

Postby Carl_SA » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Gaev,

I have built a CV database for a client. They have captured a couple of hundred records. They would like to reproduce the CV's using the report function. I can do this but only for single records at a time. I would have liked to push a button and then get the system to print all of the CV's in one long document. I could then designate the printer as my pdf printer which would yield a 100 page pdf which conatins all the CV's
I can print the necessary CV's by running a loop with the dbpNext command. This will however only produce a number of single print files and not a single continuos one.
Carl_SA

Postby Gaev » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:53 am

Carl_SA:

Again ... perhaps you can provide details of the type of report you defined... Master-Detail/Multi-Table ? ... Multi-Page ? ... Free-Form ?

There is a check box associated with the Data Body Partition ... labelled "Page break after" ... according to Help file ...
Code: Select all
The Page break after option can be enabled if you want the report to begin a new page after each record
... so you can have NeoBookDBPro produce a single Report comprising all the selected records ... where the content of each record is started on a new page.
Gaev

Postby Carl_SA » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 am

Gaev, thats exactly what I need. If i can ask you one last one on this:
How would I then split the reports across 2 pages using the data body logic. I can see how this would work for a single page. My CV's are 2 pages in length.

Thanks again for the assistance!
Carl_SA

Postby Gaev » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Carl_SA:
How would I then split the reports across 2 pages using the data body logic
Haven't tried it myself ... but would placing 2 Data Body Partitions on the Layout canvas ... each with the "page break after" property turned on ... do the trick ?
Gaev

Postby Carl_SA » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Will play around with this today. Should. Thanks again for the save on this!
Carl_SA

Return to NeoBookDBPro