Source language: Translate to:

Could not be opened.

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Could not be opened.

Postby Trainman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 am

My system had a problem and I lost a program, and after remaking the program. The program in test mode shows that one table could not be opened (x2 times). Then that the same table is not open ( x3 times).

The code looks ok. The program needs two tables open, one called Contacts and one Index.

Can anyone show me where to look and understand the problem.

Mike
Trainman

Postby Gaev » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:16 am

Mike:
My system had a problem and I lost a program
Perhaps a more detailed description would help ... did the system crash ? ... was this program running at the time ?

The program in test mode shows that one table could not be opened (x2 times).

The error message could be in response to a request to dbpOpenTable ... does this happen immediately after you Run (F9) ? ... and if so, do you have such a command in your Start Up or PageEnter section ?

Perhaps the database is now corrupted ... you might make up a new pub with commands to open this database+table ... see if you get the same error.

If it is corrupted, it would be best to create a new database ... copy the contents from uncorrupted tables in the old database ... and rebuild the corrupted table from scratch.

Then that the same table is not open ( x3 times).

Every time NeoBook tries to service a dbpXXXX command against a database Table that is NOT open'ed ... you will get this message ... does your program check if a dbpOpen was successful ... before continuing with the rest of the requests ?
Gaev

Postby Trainman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:37 am

Geav

Sorry for the long time in coming back to you, but work must come first.

I have had to reset me compuer and the backup hard disk did not have a copy of the folder that held the program, that was the started this problem.

I was able to recreate the program and have check the database and looked at when the program runns under F9.

It check to see if the database is present, the Opens the Access database. Then it OpenTable "Contacts" but when it goes to open "Index" it comes out with unable to open. This table is an empty table for a set of results from a button that does a persentage search.

The program was working well, but due to my own fault of not ensuring that the folder was backup, I have set myself back.
:oops:
yours

Mike
Trainman

Postby Wrangler » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:38 am

The name 'index' is a reserved keyword, as posted here:

http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.c ... words.html

Change the name of that table, and it should work.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Trainman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Wrangler

Thank you, I changed the name and the system work perfect.

I have also saved the link.

Once again thank you

Mike
Trainman

Postby Wrangler » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Glad I could help.

Actually, Gaev knows about this one. It's been discussed before. In fact, I believe it was he who produced the link. But this time he missed it. :oops: That's ok. He's pretty busy helping a lot of folks here. We still love'im.

I missed it myself the first time I read through the post. It's one of those picky little things that you'll find more of when playing with Access. Works pretty good once you figger it out, though.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Return to NeoBookDBPro