Source language: Translate to:

Report Designer

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report Designer

Postby Stefan » Mon May 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Hi
I am try to work with the Report-Designer from NeoBookDBPro:

So i have in Neobook the following command to generate a virtual table over 2 tables in the database:
d
bpOpenDatabase "mysql_gsc" "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=mysql_gsc"

dbpExecSQL "mysql_gsc" "SELECT fabric.gruppe, fabric.sorte, fabric.farbe, fabric.groesse, fabric.breite, material.bez_d, material.bild, material.preisgruppe FROM fabric left join (material) ON (material.gruppe=fabric.gruppe and material.sorte=fabric.sorte and material.farbe=fabric.farbe) WHERE fabric.artikelnr=[artikelnr] and fabric.flnr=[flnr] and fabric.code=[#39][code][#39]" "fabrics"

dbpOpenTable "mysql_gsc" "fabrics" ""

Then i have made a report with a Page Header and Data Body with the Fields: [mysql_gsc.fabrics.gruppe] and so on for the other ones.

The result is:
- In the Page Header comes the contents of the fields and also the image is printed, but of course only from the first record.

- In the Data Body comes nothing! Not even the first record! Also when i delete the fields in the Page haeder. I have also set the partition properties to [fabrics] = no result in the Data Body.

I think, that the Data Body Partition is made for repeating for all records...

Have some one an Idee?
Must i make for all this SQL-queries a real table?

Thanks, Stefan
Stefan

Postby Gaev » Tue May 20, 2008 5:13 am

Stefan:
Then i have made a report with a Page Header and Data Body with the Fields: [mysql_gsc.fabrics.gruppe] and so on for the other ones.

... from the Help file ...
Unlike NeoBookDBPro, Report Designer does not use the database ID as part of the field variable. That's because reports can only work with one database at a time, and since reports exist outside the context of NeoBookDBPro, the database ID has no meaning.

Have some one an Idee?
... use references to fields in tables like [fabrics.gruppe].
Gaev

Postby Stefan » Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 am

Hi Gaev

- I work only with one database, but with two tables wich i connect together wit my SQL-Command to a virtual table
- If i remove the databas-name "mysql_gsc" from my fields [mysql_gsc.fabrics.gruppe] then also in the pageheader the fields disappears. So i think, that i must give the database-name. In the data body section it hase no effect i don't see the records.

I have spend a lot of time - have tried many ways.... so i think, the only way is, that for every such dbpExecSQL-Command for a virtual table, i must make a real one, delete all records, then save all my selected records to the table..... i will try this...
Stefan
Stefan

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 am

The data body partition is the correct location for the fields. The page header typically is only used for titles, page numbers, etc. A temporary (virtual) table should work with a report, but only when printed from the publication. The temporary table doesn't exist in the Report Designer so you can't test it there.

If you can supply us with a copy of your pub, database and report files, maybe we can identify the cause of the problem.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro