Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDBPro 1.1c Update Released

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDBPro 1.1c Update Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 am

NeoSoft Corp. has released NeoBookDBPro version 1.1c. This update can be downloaded from:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=75

This update contains the following:

Fixes

 Corrected a conflict that occurred when printing certain types of advanced reports while a master-detail relationship (dbpDefineRelatioship) was active. Previously, this could cause a loss of data in the detail report under certain circumstances.

 When printing multiple copies of advanced reports, the number of copies printed is now correct. Previously, when the number of copied was higher than one, some models of printers would print double (or more) the number of copied requested.

 Modified the dbpDeleteAll and dbpEmptyTable actions to compensate for error messages (“key column information is insufficient…”, etc.) that can occur with some types of databases when deleting recently added records from tables that do not contain a primary key field.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Pilou » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:14 am

Bonjour

Pouvez-vous me dire si une version Français sera disponible ?

Merci

Pilou
Pilou

Postby Wrangler » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 am

GASTOLDI

Huh???????

This is the English forum. Please translate before posting. No comprende' French.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Pilou » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:49 am

Hello

Can you tell me if a French version is available?

Thank you

pilou
Pilou

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 am

I'm sorry, we do not have a French version of NeoBookDBPro - only English and Italian.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby farhad2008 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:34 am

hello
when i used version 1.1c and moving to another page dbp error me that
"Bookmark is invalid" and the grid data will invisible but the 1.1b have not same error . why?

best regards

farhad
The Words I Love You
farhad2008

Postby Wrangler » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:17 am

I also get this error when adding a record, entering date, and using saveedits. But not with 1.1b.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby smartmedia » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi...

This error among some others errors, i have reported them to Dave along time ago. Unfortunately hi was unable to reproduce the problem in his machine. Those errors shows up when you work with Access database.
If some one has any idea why this is happening i be glad to hear because i am facing problems working on ready application i made.
smartmedia

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:04 am

Hi Smartmedia,

If you told us the errors you have maybe we can help. I be working around a lot Neobookdbpro, till now it works like its if i use MSAcces ........ Somthings doesn't work because it is not in the plugin, but with a fantasy it will. But maybe we can help you....
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby smartmedia » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:25 am

Frederik Gerritsen wrote:Hi Smartmedia,

If you told us the errors you have maybe we can help. I be working around a lot Neobookdbpro, till now it works like its if i use MSAcces ........ Somthings doesn't work because it is not in the plugin, but with a fantasy it will. But maybe we can help you....

Well,

1) I get "Bookmark is invalid" errors all most, all the time.
2) Trying to delete all records of a table gives me row update errors.
3) Try to update a record in a table gives me Bookmark is invalid" errors.

The funny thing is that some times is working without errors using the same actually steps.
smartmedia

Postby Wrangler » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:15 am

Smartmedia: The Bookmark is invalid error is a bug in the new version. I get the error using code I wrote a while ago. But I get no errors if I use 1.1b.

So in the meantime, re-install 1.1b.

The code I am using is for a full featured invoicing program using Access. I get no other errors at all in this.

If Dave says he can't recreate an error, make him a sample pub with the error, and send it to him. He will do all he can to fix it.

I notice from your past posts that you use the SQLexec a lot when working with an Access database. This method leaves you open to a lot more chances for error. Try just using the Access actions that come with the plug and only use SQLexec when you have to. With SQL, if ONE character is wrong, or out of place, it will produce an error.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:24 pm

There really weren't any significant changes between version 1.1b and 1.1c, so I'm not sure what would be triggering a "bookmark is invalid" error.

One of the minor changes made to 1.1c was an attempt to correct a problem reported by smartmedia when deleting records. The fix appeared to solve this specific problem, but shouldn't have affected anything else.

If someone can supply a small sample pub that demonstrates the bookmark error, I am always happy to look into it.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 am

Now that I have something to test, I'll look into it. Thank you.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 pm

I think this problem may be related to a fix added to version 1.1c.

Anyone experiencing the "Invalid Bookmark" error message who is interested in testing a possible fix can download the NeoBookDBPro 1.1d beta using the link below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16101

To install, unzip the contents of the file into your existing NeoBookDBPro folder.

Please let us know if this solves the problem or not.

NOTE: Version 1.1d has been released.
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Next

Return to NeoBookDBPro