Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDBPro 1.1/Report Designer Beta 3 Released

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDBPro 1.1/Report Designer Beta 3 Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:01 pm

A third (and hopefully final) beta of NeoBookDBPro 1.1 is now available for download. The beta test is open to all registered NeoBook customers. To download a copy of beta #3, visit the web site below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/dbpro.html#beta

Beta 3 includes the following changes:

-All reported beta 1 & 2 bugs should now be fixed*.

- Added two new sample publications: Photo Album and Order Entry. Order entry includes an example report demonstrating how to use Report Designer's sub-report feature.

-And several other minor fixes and enhancements.

* If you reported a bug please test.

Although this is a beta version, registered users may use it with their finished compiled publications if they wish. The final version 1.1 should be released by the end of this week unless something unexpected turns up in beta 3.

You may use this forum to post questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc. or send email to info@neosoftware.com
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Where is the Order Entry sample hiding? It's not in the Sample pubs folder. It does contain the Photo Album, though.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:10 pm

The save dialog button when you exit the designer, and are prompted to save, says open, instead of save. :o
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Where is the Order Entry sample hiding? It's not in the Sample pubs folder.

It should be in the following folder:

"C:\Program Files\NeoBook 5\PlugIns\NeoBookDBPro\Sample Pubs\OrderEntry"

You could try renaming your existing NeoBookDBPro folder and doing a fresh install.

The save dialog button when you exit the designer, and are prompted to save, says open, instead of save.

The save dialog box is generated by Windows. On my pc, this is what I see:

NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:41 pm

OK. Apparently I thought I had downloaded it, but hadn't. The filenames are all named the same. Maybe adding the beta number to the exe file would avoid this confusion.

I guess in beta 2, if you made a change to the report, and tried to exit the program, when prompted if you want to save and you said yes, a dialog would pop up, which contained the open button. Beta 3 just saves the report without a dialog, which solves that problem.

Thanks for the order entry sample. Will save me designing one. :)
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:08 pm

OK. Apparently I thought I had downloaded it, but hadn't. The filenames are all named the same. Maybe adding the beta number to the exe file would avoid this confusion.

That's a good suggestion. We'll try that next time.

...Beta 3 just saves the report without a dialog, which solves that problem.

Try "Save As" and see if the dialog box looks correct.

Thanks for the order entry sample. Will save me designing one.

NeoBookDB has an order entry example, so I had wanted to do one for DBPro to show how the concept could be taken to the next level. Also, some of the inspiration came from a similar project that you were working on while testing DBPro! Although, yours is much more ambitious than this one.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Try "Save As" and see if the dialog box looks correct.

Yes. Looks correct.

NeoBookDB has an order entry example, so I had wanted to do one for DBPro to show how the concept could be taken to the next level. Also, some of the inspiration came from a similar project that you were working on while testing DBPro! Although, yours is much more ambitious than this one.

Hehe. Yeah, but I'll bet yours isn't as "junky" as mine is neither. And the invoice you designed will be used for that program. I haven't been able to get the products out of the products table to show in the subreport yet though. But I'm working on it. I think I need to relate the invoice and the products table before calling the report. But both show when the program is run.

And when I preview in the designer, I get question marks with my invoice database, but not the order entry db.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Oops. Products show now. Didn't know I had to change the table in the Partition properties.

As usual, GOOD JOB, DAVE!
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Invoice printed out perfectly on my Epson R200 printer. :wink:
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby David de Argentina » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:03 am

Hi Wrangler,

Does your R200 printer print exactly the same, if you change between Economode, Normal or Photo Quality..?

I have one R220, and I obtain different print on each print quality...

Thanks in advance for your answer,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Wrangler » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:40 am

Hi David,

My choices for printing quality are:

Draft
Text
Text & Image
Photo
Best Photo

and it prints perfectly for all of them.

The draft mode is almost unreadable, which is to be expected. I never could see a use for that mode, except maybe to check printing alignment etc.

I would say to update your printer driver. I am running XP Pro SP2. If you don't have SP2 installed, I recommend upgrading. Although not all, it fixed a lot of problems.

I have a few software titles that use the IE preview and print feature. Some of my customers report printing problems, but reinstalling or upgrading IE seems to fix those.

I have never had a problem with the R200. I've printed hundreds of CD's and DVD's with it. Not as many invoices as I would like, but that's another story. :(

Although Epson is good about updating drivers, a driver is no different than any software. There are good ones, and bad ones. Some never seem to get it right. Others fix bugs over time.

What kind of differences do you see when printing in different modes?
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Return to NeoBookDBPro