Source language: Translate to:

DbpQuery Problem

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

DbpQuery Problem

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:26 am

Hi to all,

First to all of you the best wishes for 2008.
Now my problem

I did made a dbpshowgrid, so far so good and i see all the data i need,
but when i do make a dbpquery dor it, with the following in structies.

dbpQuery "Urenverantwoording" "Werknemers" "[#34]Afdelings Nummer[#34] = [#34]110[34]" or if i try dbpQuery "Urenverantwoording" "Werknemers" "Afdelings Nummer = [#34]110[34]". I get the everytime a syntax error like "operator or expression is missing".

Have someone a solution for this problem i have ?

With regads
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Gaev » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:16 am

Don't know if "spaces" are allowed in "field names" ... so you might try to (temporarily) do a query on another field that does not have a space in its name.

Also, if "Afdelings Nummer" ("Department number") is defined as a numeric field, you might try doing the query without the [#34] syntax around the 110.

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:23 am

As a rule you should probably avoid using field names with spaces if you can, but some databases do allow it. These field names should be enclosed in "[" "]" when used in SQL expression or queries. Since "[" and "]" have special meaning in NeoBook, you will need to use a special ASCII variable to represent them in SQL - [#91] for "[" and [#93] for "]". For example:

Code: Select all
dbpQuery "Urenverantwoording" "Werknemers" "[#91]Afdelings Nummer[#93] = [#34]110[34]"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:36 am

Hi Dave en Gaev,

I did worked your suggestions out, it did work sodar, but not in every way like "FileEx". My suggestion is simple, don't do use spaces in DB Variables.

Frederik Gerritsen

Return to NeoBookDBPro