Source language: Translate to:

Report Designer Pagination

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report Designer Pagination

Postby datadon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 am

I maybe approaching this in all the wrong way so if total shift in thinking needed let me know..

I am trying to use the report designer in a way tha uses just one record in the database to fill in the report. This will not be a banded type report. I am just using a black form without any partitions. I place the fields for the record in the report and they display properly, with wordwrap etc, but what i need is to have the field data spill over to the next page when required.

I tried adding a second blank page to see if it would do that but it does not.

What would be the best way to setup a report so that the data would spillover to a second page when called for by the amount of data would require it.

There are no partions in this report.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:07 am

The only way to get a report to automatically expand beyond a single page is to use partitions. You can probably just add Data Header, Data Footer and Data Body partitions to your existing layout. Place fields that do not expand on the Data Header or Data Footer partitions. Fields that might require more than a single page should be placed on the Data Body partition. When printing, the Data Body partition will expand or contract to fit the data.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby datadon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:30 pm

That is the way I thought it would work, but I have had a couple issues. If I don't use a partion, I can use the text/field object and place the fields on the report page I can see them in the run report.

If I place a data body, and then place the fields in the the databody using the text/field object, then run the report, I can see nothing.

If I place a data body, and then place the fields starting just above the databody, but extending into the body, using the text/field object, then run the report, I can see all the fields, but they don't pageinate.

I am placing the partion first and then the fields. I don't understand why I can't see the fields when I run the report with all fields inside the databody section. The database is open and running in the background. The same applies to just strings of text as well.

Any ideas?
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:45 pm

You probably need to tell the Data Body partition which database table to use. You can do this by right clicking on the partition, then selecting the table name. Once that's done, you must place the text/Field objects on top of the Data Body partition. The Text/Field objects must be completely contained within the partition or the report will not display properly.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro