Source language: Translate to:

Report module

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report module

Postby smartmedia » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:30 am

Hi...

I desperate need the report module... Any idea when will be ready...???

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:30 am

The report module is moving a little further along every day, but it's much more complicated than we had anticipated. Hopefully it will be finished in three or four more weeks, but anyone who has ever used a report program knows that they can be very confusing. Simplifying the process of creating and printing reports is critical if we're to avoid creating a tech support nightmare for ourselves. As soon as we have a usable beta version we will make it available to DBPro users for testing. I apologize again for the delay.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi...

So, i will use Alberto TMReports but the export from DBPro to dbpExportToCSV is not working right with TMReports. The new lines are not seperate with Carriage Return [#13] in memo fields.

At least can you fix it to work with both DB and DBPro...???

Later on,

Also notice:
In dbpExportToCSV option IncludeHidden=Yes; is not working...
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 am

So, i will use Alberto TMReports but the export from DBPro to dbpExportToCSV is not working right with TMReports. The new lines are not seperate with Carriage Return [#13] in memo fields.

The CSV files created by NeoBookDBPro conform the following standard:

Code: Select all
A field that contains embedded line-breaks must be surrounded by double-quotes So:

Field 1: Conference room 1 
  Field 2:
    John,
    Please bring the M. Mathers file for review 
    -J.L.
  Field 3: 10/18/2002

would convert to:

Conference room 1, "John, 
  -J.L.
  ",10/18/2002,...

Note that this is a single CSV record, even though it takes up more than one line in the CSV file. This works because the line breaks are embedded inside the double quotes of the field.

Source: http://www.creativyst.com/Doc/Articles/CSV/CSV01.htm

Memos containing line breaks will be surrounded by double quotes. Each line break will consist of a carriage return and a line feed character.

In dbpExportToCSV option IncludeHidden=Yes; is not working...

IncludeHidden does work, but the hidden fields will be added at the end of the record instead of their normal position. If you need the fields arranged in a specific order, you can call dbpSetColumnOrder prior to exporting the data.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 pm

Hi...

IncludeHidden does work, but the hidden fields will be added at the end of the record instead of their normal position. If you need the fields arranged in a specific order, you can call dbpSetColumnOrder prior to exporting the data.

In the grid i show up only 5 from the fields i have with the command dbpSetColumnOrder, but in exporting i want all the fields.
Why will be added at the end...??? Fix it to be in the original position.

Can you fix it to export the data in as the old plugin did in txt file...???
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:05 pm

In the grid i show up only 5 from the fields i have with the command dbpSetColumnOrder, but in exporting i want all the fields.
Why will be added at the end...??? Fix it to be in the original position.

I'll look into it, but the export is based on the grid's layout. Hidden fields are considered to be at the end of the row. In any event, the fix is:

dbpSetColumnOrder <export order>
dbpExportToCSV...
dbpSetColumnOrder <original order>

Can you fix it to export the data in as the old plugin did in txt file...???

I believe that the CSV file created by dbpExportToCSV are being correctly saved in the most commonly accepted format. If anything, the old DB plug-in probably didn't correctly adhere to the CSV standard. If you need to export to a non-standard txt format you can iterate through each record, format it however you like and manually write to a file with FileWrite.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby rishi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:29 am

Dear Neosoft:

I want to know if they have any idea when the report module will be ready.

From now on, thank you very much.

Gustavo
rishi

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:58 am

There is one more small issue to be fixed, but we plan to start beta testing the report module before the end of this week. The beta test will be available to all NeoBookDBPro users.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:

The CSV files created by NeoBookDBPro conform the following standard:

A field that contains embedded line-breaks must be surrounded by double-quotes So:

Field 1: Conference room 1 
  Field 2:
    John,
    -J.L.
  Field 3: 10/18/2002

would convert to:

Conference room 1, "John, 
  -J.L.
  ",10/18/2002,...

Note that this is a single CSV record, even though it takes up more than one line in the CSV file. This works because the line breaks are embedded inside the double quotes of the field.

Source: http://www.creativyst.com/Doc/Articles/CSV/CSV01.htm

Memos containing line breaks will be surrounded by double quotes. Each line break will consist of a carriage return and a line feed character.

Can you be more specific with a example how i will export memo fields typed by TextEntry that have more than 1 line using dbpExportToCSV...
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 am

Can you be more specific with a example how i will export memo fields typed by TextEntry that have more than 1 line using dbpExportToCSV...

dbpExportToCSV "AddrBook" "Contacts" "[PubDir]export.csv" "Range=All;Delimiter=,;IncludeHidden=No;IncludeFieldNames=Yes;UseColumnTitles=No;Append=No;ForceQuotes=No"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 am

Hi..

Doesn't work for me.
This is the code i am running for export.
dbpExportToCSV "Data" "Products" "[PubDir]export.csv" "Range=All;Delimiter=|;IncludeHidden=No;IncludeFieldNames=Yes;UseColumnTitles=No;Append=No;ForceQuotes=No"

This is the normal record before export.
And is the record after export and import using this command:
dbpImportFromCSV "Data" "Products" "[PubDir]export.csv" "Delimiter=|;ContainsFieldNames=Yes;MatchFieldNames=Yes"

Well i don't know what to do, if anybody can help with this...
smartmedia

Return to NeoBookDBPro