Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDBPro 1.0a Update Released

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDBPro 1.0a Update Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:40 pm

NeoSoft Corp. has released NeoBookDBPro version 1.0a. This update can be downloaded from:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=75

This update contains the following:

Enhancements

-Added an action called dbpSetGridBackground to specify an image file to be used as a grid background.

-Added an action called dbpGetGridClientInfo to obtain the client width and height of a grid. This information can be useful for calculating column widths and row heights.

-Database errors can now be intercepted with a special subroutine called “DBPro_OnError“. In addition to the normal error trapping provided by the [dbpError] variable, you can also create an error subroutine called DBPro_OnError to execute special actions whenever a database error occurs. You should avoid executing database actions from within this subroutine! Doing so could cause your publication to become stuck in an endless loop.

-Added a RowSelect property to the dbpSetGridProperties action. Setting this property to Yes will highlight the entire active row. No (the default) = only individual cells will be highlighted. When RowSelect is enabled the grid will not permit editing.

-Added a ShowScrollbars property to the dbpSetGridProperties action. Setting this property to Yes (the default) will display vertical and horizontal scroll bars (if needed). No = do not display scroll bars.

-And several other minor enhancements.

Fixes

-Corrected a flaw in the fbpSetFieldProperties actions’ PickList property that could occasionally cause an error message to appear on publication shutdown.

-The dbpImportFromCSV action now correctly handles empty string fields. Previously, empty fields represented as “” in the csv file were imported literally as “” instead of as an empty field.

-Extra spaces added onto the end of CHAR fields by some databases are now automatically removed as the data is read into field variables.

-Executing a show all query will no longer cause user-defined column widths to be lost.

-Corrected a problem that caused the dbpFind action to displays a “cannot focus invisible object” error message if the table being searched did not have a corresponding visible grid.

-Eliminated unnecessary calls to the OnChange subroutine when using the grid’s scroll bars.

-Corrected problems that prevented grids from being displayed properly in sizeable custom windows.

-The OnDoubleClick action can now be used with grids set to read-only.

-And several other minor fixes.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:34 am

Hi...

Very nice in did, but we dind't hear any news about the report progress. I hope we don't wait much longer.

A little bug a notice is that when you open the Show preview in dbpSetGridProperties or similar commands the table is downloaded all (in My SQL database)

Thanks again...
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:14 am

The report module is still in the works and hopefully will be finished in a few weeks. Sorry for the delay, but it's a very complex project.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:37 am

Hi,

I understand, i just notice something, if someone can confirm that...

In my application i have a grid and a RTF text, when the RTF has text more then his dimensions and i select a record in grid and scroll with the mouse wheel, then, when the wheel rich in the end or in the beginning of grid and the user continues to scroll the RTF moves...

Sorry about my english, will try to create a small video to see....

Later
Please download the video to see what i am saying.
http://rapidshare.com/files/57262460/bug.wmv
Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:38 pm

Thanks for the video. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem here. I created a sample pub containing a DBPro grid and an Article/RTF object side by side. When I run the pub, only the object beneath the mouse cursor scrolls when I roll the mouse wheel. The Article only scrolls if the mouse cursor is physically on top of it.

It could be that some mouse drivers work differently. I'm using a Microsoft mouse. Maybe updating your driver will solve the problem?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:48 pm

Hi,

My mouse is a typical black Microsoft USB, i didn't install any drivers with it.
Maybe this has to do with options enabled in RTF or Grid.

In RTF are enabled the first 3 options.
Here is the code or Grid.

dbpSetGridProperties "Rapidshare" "Data1" "Color=Window;Font=Arial,10,Normal,ANSI_CHARSET;FontColor=WindowText;AlternateRowColor=239,243,252;
AlternateRowFontColor=Black;RowHeight=22;TitleColor=BtnFace;TitleFont=Arial,10,Normal,ANSI_CHARSET;
TitleFontColor=BtnText;TitleRowHeight=22;HighlightColor=78,182,243;HighlightFontColor=White;EditColor=Black;
EditFontColor=Black;ShowTitles=No;3DTitles=No;ShowGraphics=No;ShowIndicator=No;ShowColumnLines=No;
ShowRowLines=No;GridLineWidth=1;GridLineColor=BtnFace;AllowRowResize=Yes;AllowColumnResize=Yes;
AllowColumnSort=Yes;ConfirmDelete=Yes;ReadOnly=Yes;RowSelect=Yes;ShowScrollBars=Yes;
ShowNavigationBar=No;OnDoubleClick=ShowLink"

Is not big problem but gives you the impression that something wrong with it.
smartmedia

Return to NeoBookDBPro