Visual problems with Grid

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Visual problems with Grid

Postby smartmedia » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:52 am

Hi...

I put this code in startup section.

Code: Select all
dbpSetGridProperties "Favorites" "Favorites" "Color=White;Font=Arial,9,Normal,ANSI_CHARSET;FontColor=WindowText;AlternateRowColor=238,238,238;AlternateRowFontColor=WindowText;RowHeight=22;
TitleColor=BtnFace;TitleFont=Arial,9,Normal,ANSI_CHARSET;TitleFontColor=BtnText;TitleRowHeight=22;HighlightColor=Highlight;HighlightFontColor=HighlightText;
EditColor=Window;EditFontColor=WindowText;ShowTitles=No;3DTitles=No;ShowGraphics=No;ShowIndicator=No;ShowColumnLines=No;ShowRowLines=Yes;
GridLineWidth=1;GridLineColor=BtnFace;AllowRowResize=Yes;AllowColumnResize=Yes;AllowColumnSort=Yes;ReadOnly=Yes;ShowNavigationBar=No"
dbpSetColumnOrder "Favorites" "Favorites" "Title"
dbpSort "Favorites" "Favorites" "Title=ASC"
dbpShowGrid "Favorites" "Favorites" "Rectangle17"

Well some times, very often, when running the application the grid is not show up...
Maybe because i put the code in startup section...???
Last edited by smartmedia on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:21 pm

I wasn't able to duplicate this problem here. The only thing I can think of that would cause something like this would be testing the pub with "Run (this page)" instead of the "Run (from start)". The "Run (this page)" command doesn't execute Startup or Shutdown actions.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:57 am

Hi...

Well, i still have the problem, my database is Access.
When i open it, the grid show up but after, if a insert a record with dbpExecSQL command, grid and any other command like dbpNext etc is not respond.
smartmedia

Postby Gaev » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:14 am

smartmedia:
Maybe because i put the code in startup section...???

Is this just a wild guess ... or are you able to prove this by placing/invoking the code outside of the StartUp section ... if not ...

- move the code to the subroutine section (e.g. :smGrid) ... be sure to add a Return command
- temporarily add a button whose Click code is GoSub "smGrid"
- click this button just before you need it

... if the problem disappears, perhaps it is so ... otherwise, you might want to provide details of the other "dbp" commands related to this Grid/Database.
Gaev

Return to NeoBookDBPro