Source language: Translate to:

Joint article to variable or clipboard- text2speech function

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Joint article to variable or clipboard- text2speech function

Postby Cybertel777 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:58 am

Hello Programming Champions,

First of all, congratulations for this masterpiece of software. I have discovered Neobook 2 weeks ago and I am already addicted. Right now I try to link a text to speech plugin (ndzn Speak) to a document that is charged in several linked article fields. The idea is that the text on the page is automatically spoken on the fly and each time the user turns the page. The problem is that I don't succeed to put the text of the individual linked article field in a variable, or in the clipboard. I suppose it's due to my ignorance as a Neobook Newbee rather than a limitation of Neobook itself and that it is easy for you to help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

Horst
Cybertel777

Re: Joint article to variable or clipboard- text2speech func

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi Horst,

I'm glad you like NeoBook!

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to capture text from an individual Linked-Article object. (You can read the whole file into a variable with the FileToVar action.) The only thing I can think of is to manually copy blocks of text for page and the hard code them into the plug-in action. For example:

SetVar "[TextToRead]" "It was a dark and stormy night..."
ndznAction "[TextToRead]" ...
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Cybertel777 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Hello and Thanks a lot for your answer.

I thought about a similar solution: Manually copy and paste the textbloc of the joint article field into a textentry field that is placed on the same page in order to capture, read and speak the content from its variable. I will give it a try and keep you informed about the result. Normally, that should be a solution.

Best regards

Horst
Cybertel777

Postby mishem » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 am

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to capture text from an individual Linked-Article object.

Maybe fit plug Editor's Toolbox?
mishem

Return to NeoBook Action Commands