Source language: Translate to:

Run action cannot originate from a Web Browser link

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Run action cannot originate from a Web Browser link

Postby fkapnist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 am

Is there a way to use the Enhanced security web browser display option so that my html pages can run NB actions but someone else's pages cannot?

:?:

fkapnist

Re: Run action cannot originate from a Web Browser link

Postby Gaev » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:24 am

fkapnist:

Perhaps you could have two Web Browser objects ... one with Enhanced Security and the other without ... then use the Before Navigate action events to ...

1) block all foreign pages from the one without Enhanced Security ... and show them in the object with Enhanced Security ... and at the same time, display the one with Enhanced Security exactly on top of the other object.

2) when local pages are requested in the object with Enhanced Security, do the reverse (opposite) actions.

... requires a bit of extra logic ... and may not work for you in all scenarios ... but better than no solution
Gaev

Re: Run action cannot originate from a Web Browser link

Postby fkapnist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 am

Gaev wrote:fkapnist:

Perhaps you could have two Web Browser objects ... one with Enhanced Security and the other without ... then use the Before Navigate action events to ...

1) block all foreign pages from the one without Enhanced Security ... and show them in the object with Enhanced Security ... and at the same time, display the one with Enhanced Security exactly on top of the other object.

2) when local pages are requested in the object with Enhanced Security, do the reverse (opposite) actions.

... requires a bit of extra logic ... and may not work for you in all scenarios ... but better than no solution

The two web browser object solution is what I also had in mind.... browser1 works like any web browser.... but if I load my setup.htm page it opens in browser2, which is the same size, layered over browser1.... when another address is typed in, browser2 is sent to the back and disabled while the new address opens in browser1

something like that with a few tweaks....
fkapnist

Return to NeoBook Action Commands