Source language: Translate to:

Short Cut Key properties won't work

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Short Cut Key properties won't work

Postby fkapnist » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 pm

I have a push button with a Short Cut Key in its properties. But when I run the program the short cut key doesn't do anything. However if I go to another page and return to the page with the push button, then the short cut key works. Why is that? I wanted to use the SendKeys action from a system tray application, but even pressing the keyboard short cut usually does not work.

:?:

fkapnist

Re: Short Cut Key properties won't work

Postby fkapnist » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:07 pm

On second thought, the SendKeys function is just too clunky. I think I can accomplish what I need (to send an action command from one Neobook app to another) with the hpwRemote plugin:

http://www.neosoftware.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7467&hilit=send+action+command+between+neobook+apps

:!:
fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:11 pm

If you have a web browser object on the page and it has the input focus then it may be intercepting the short cut key before it can reach NeoBook.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:If you have a web browser object on the page and it has the input focus then it may be intercepting the short cut key before it can reach NeoBook.

I think that's the problem. I can set the focus out of the web browser object with an action command, but how is it done from the keyboard? With the Tab key?

I found that this plugin action allows a Neobook program in the system tray to focus on the object of another Neobook publication. The SendKey action and the keyboard short cut key will work correctly then. Can it be done without a plugin?

hpwRemotePlayAction "[theAppID]" "FocusObject [#34]TextEntry1[#34]" "0"

-------------------------------

Yes, the short cut key also works after I put:

FocusObject "TextEntry1"

in the "Navigation Complete" tab of the web browser object. Less fussy..

:?:
fkapnist

Return to NeoBook Action Commands