Source language: Translate to:

Checkbox and Thumbnails

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Checkbox and Thumbnails

Postby kennyray23 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Since this is my first post, I will try and make it sound like I know what I am talking about! All kidding aside, I am very new to this and have a general question regarding my project. I have a program that holds 60 slides with pictures and radio buttons that adds up the users totals at the end, (kind of like a art quiz). Currently I have a way to go through all the slides in order, plus a random generator that allows the user to choose 10-50 random slides at a time. I would like to add a feature that allows a user choose what slides they would like to see based on clicking the checkbox below a thumbnail image. I have tried everything and read everything I can, but have limited knowledge and experience in Neobook. Thank you in advance for any help!

*EDIT-- Just to expand on this so it is not confusing, when the user checks the checkbox button, I would like it to record a list of pages they wish to view and then take them to those pages they have chosen in the order they were selected.

Kenny
kennyray23

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:30 am

If each picture is on its own page, then you could try using the pub's "Page Change" action (see Book Properties > Actions) to control whether an individual page displays or not. Upon entering the Page Change Action, this variable will contain the name of the page the reader wishes to navigate to. If the target page is one that is not selected you could redirect to the next selected page.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby kennyray23 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:42 pm

I hate to bother you on this, but could you give me a quick example? Thank you for your response...

Edit--Another question..., should I have the checkbox populate a listbox and then set a way for the listbox to take me to the pages the user has chosen? Is that even possible?
kennyray23

Postby kennyray23 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Ok...I have figured out how to assign a variable to my checkbox that stores the page number and lists it in my Listbox. My question is this...how do I retrieve the contents of the listbox to display the pages? I assume it is like using the loop command to play random pages right?
kennyray23

Postby kennyray23 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Okay I figured it out! I had to assign a the page name into a variable and then add that variable to the listbox. Then using an altered version of the random generator code provided in an example, I was able to retrieve the variables from the listbox and they were listed in the order they were picked....Learned a lot in the process!
kennyray23

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Sounds like you figured it out.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Action Commands