Source language: Translate to:

SendMail

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

SendMail

Postby ajhunt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:39 am

Hi All, does anyone know what is the maximum number of the MailSend adressees that can be sent in one go. i.e. adressee1@abc.com; adressee2@abc.com; adressee3@abc.com; etc etc etc etc etc etc. Many thanks for any information on this. Regards Anthony
ajhunt

Postby domino » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:43 am

I think this can depend as much on your isp as any theoretical limit.

If I send using my hosting credentials it doesn`t seem to care how many I send to - but if I use my regular ISP's smtp credentials it stops at 20. (without building in any delays between messages or batches of message)

(But my opinion is that if you're planning on sending large mail outs on a regular basis use a third party facility to reduce the chances of getting blacklisted.)
domino

Thanks

Postby ajhunt » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:03 am

Hi Domino, I presume you are meaning a third party like gmail credentials or something. Is that correct? Thanks for your time and help.
ajhunt

Postby domino » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 am

Yes exactly.. Virgin Media in my case.

Maybe it would be worth looking at the T's & C's (or 'fair use' policies) for a clue.

In summary I doubt there's an NB limit - but there is likely to be some sort of third party mailserver restriction involved.

But of one thing I'm sure, I will never use my own accounts to handle anything other than the most modest sized mailings.
domino

Return to NeoBook Action Commands