Source language: Translate to:

a list without duplicated values

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

a list without duplicated values

Postby Grandpa1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:17 am

Hi
I want to creat a list and I user can not add duplicate einteres in it...I know I can use loop to check each value of my list.but if list was long it take a long time...Can some one knows another way to do this?

thanks for your help :)
Grandpa1

Postby Gaev » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:39 am

am2222:

Define "list" ... are you talking about a ListBox ? ... or something else ... you will get rapid and better quality assistance on the forum when you take the time/effort to define your problem in details ... e.g. how is the user entering the list items, where is the master list of items etc. etc.
Gaev

Postby Grandpa1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:55 am

sorry for my bad English
:oops:

I want to have a List of proxyes..uses can add new proxy searvers in it and this list shown in a list box...I can save content of listbox and I dont want that the user add duplicate enteries in my list.
Can I use neobookDB plugin for this? :?:
Grandpa1

Postby Gaev » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:56 am

am2222:
this list shown in a list box
How many items do you envisage within such a List Box ? ... 40 ? ... 400 ? ... more than 4000 ? ... there are speed and ease of use considerations when using List Boxes.

If the list is relatively small ... look at the List Box management commands in NeoBook's Help file ... and ask more specific questions if you come unstuck.
Can I use neobookDB plugin for this
Yes ... but I would recommend NeoBookDBPro along with Access Database to store your data.

You can use a Text Entry Box for users to enter names of new "proxy servers" and check the database for existence of same name before adding a record ... and use the Grid to only display the current list.
Gaev

Postby Grandpa1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks for your help :D :D
Grandpa1

Return to NeoBook Action Commands