Source language: Translate to:

hyperlinks in a table in text editor

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

hyperlinks in a table in text editor

Postby raja » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm

I have tried creaing hyperlinks in a table in text editor and then using the table in neobook, but the hyperlinks do not work when the table is placed in an application.
It would appear that hyerlinks can be created in the editor ok, but are lost when transferred across.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
I have created an alternative table using normal text with hyperlinks and tha works ok.
raja

Please

Postby virger » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:28 am

Please, can you send a example, i don't understand, what do you need exactly. May be, i can help you.

PURA VIDA
FROM
COSTA RICA
virger

Postby raja » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:30 pm

here is a sample of a table created in text editor (using the icon scrolling article/text file)........the hyperlink "AL fah" .... does not work when the table is inserted in my application. I gather the insert into my application is an image, rather than text, so the hyperlink cannot possibly work.
It just intrigues me as to why the facility to create a hyperlink is in the text editor if it does not work?

raja

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 am

It is possible to use hyperlinks inside tables. If the entire contents of the cell are to be used as the hyperlink, try adding a space on either side of the text outside of the hyperlink.

Hyperlinks are not supported by the RTF file format, so once you add hyperlinks to a file you should not try to edit it with another editor (such as Wordpad).
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby raja » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for that. The hyperlink in the table can now be clicked on ok, provided the link in the table has plain text or space before and after the link.

However I now seem to have a new problem. I find now that all hyperlinks I create in a table using editor now show the entire link detail when created in the editor and when copied to the neobook application. The link I showed in a previous image only showed up as a hyperlink because it contained no embedded link.
Here is an example of how the hyperlink appears:

[IMG=http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1015/hyperl2.jpg][/IMG]
raja

Postby raja » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 am

not sure what was causing the hyperlink problem, but all is working ok now.
raja

Return to NeoBook Action Commands