Source language: Translate to:

Having a Neobook App run in a desktop 'reserved space'..

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Having a Neobook App run in a desktop 'reserved space'..

Postby pbgamble » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi all, does anyone know how to make part of the desktop screen 'reserved' so that I can start a neobook app in the reserved space and have all other desktop windows (which are maximized) up against the neobook app? Hopefully you can understand what I'm getting at (to set an area of the desktop that only the Neobook app can be in, all other apps maximize up against it).

Sort of like the old MS Office 2000 Toolbar did in the right-hand side of the desktop screen, I'm building a simple multi-screen DVR toolbar which will sit permanently in a 'reserved space' I'll set on the right-hand-side of my desktop (I call it 'reserved space' for lack of better wording).

I'd like the neobook app to set the 'reserved space' on startup and start-up in that area, then set it as normal again on shutdown, the reason I'd like to dedicate part of the screen to it is the dimensions of the toolbar are 550x1168px so it takes up a fair bit of space (my desktop is running widescreen at 1920x1200px). I've had a search through the forums but can't find this kind of thing asked or answered anywhere else yet.

Is there a way to do this with Action Commands or other? If anyone knows how to accomplish this I'd be extremely greatful for any help or advice given.
pbgamble

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 am

I don't that's possible with NeoBook.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby pbgamble » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Hmmm ok, if I find out how I'll post it here.

I would think though that it'd be a registry key value that just needs changing.. Just a matter of finding out how the old Office 2000 toolbar did it and emulate it for a neobook app.

EDIT: Have just found a little utility which can set part of the desktop as reserved and allow an app of your chosing to run in that area, it's called 'DesktopCoral', have been trying to download it from their website for the last hour but it always fails at 486k downloaded! Doesn't seem to be anywhere else online that has a seperate & working download link for it either... Looks like maybe back to square one.

EDIT#2: Have found a better utility for creating a reserved space on the desktop now called 'Hawkeye ShellInit', the author nolonger has it on their website but offers the link via email to anyone interested, this one works superbly in docking neobook apps to the sides of desktops and making all other apps maximize against it. Very happy now, have got my DVR video panel (written in neobook) displaying 3 cctv security camera views with one touch recording from within the app, an embedded ms media player window (in a browser object) and a live view of cable TV in another of its' windows. : )
pbgamble

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 am

I'm glad you found a solution. Thank you for posting it here.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby AlfB » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 pm

the author nolonger has it on their website but offers the link via email to anyone interested

or you download from http://www.brothersoft.com/hawkeye-shellinit-157305.html
AlfB

Return to NeoBook Action Commands