Source language: Translate to:

Run command and .PPS Powerpoint files

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby redjr » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Gaev wrote:redjr:

May be MS (in their infinite wisdom) designed it so if the Viewer detects that the full Product is installed, it passes control to the full Product's program. Actually it doesn't. The Viewer banner is displayed and then I get the error message. So it's trying to start the Viewer, but finds something wrong with the .pps file. Odd.

If you are trying to prevent others from editing this file, perhaps you can make a copy of this .pps in [TempDir] ... and then specify the copy in your Run command. Yes, a simple copy of the file would work and that's what I intend to do. I just want it to start in Slideshow mode first.

Also try and rename the file to some other extension e.g. .redjr ... and pass this renamed file to the Viewer ... see what it does with it. That didn't work either. I can't understand it! redjr...
redjr

Postby Gaev » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:50 pm

redjr:

Your earlier comments sent the discussion on a tanjent ... I thought that the .pps file was being rediredcted to be handled by your Powerpoint (full product) handler program.

Now you say that the Viewer just can't handle the file ... reports an error.

a) can you start the Powerpoint Viewer from Windows Explorer ... then select the same .pps file in the FileOpen Dialog Box ?

- if that too does not work ... it is a problem with the pps file ... either corrupted or built with a newer version than that which the Viewer can handle.

- if it does, then it is a problem in the way the full path is being passed to it ... can you post what [Location] is being reported by the AlertBox ? ... perhaps it needs to be wrapped in double quotes ... or the Viewer can not accept networked locations on the command line

b) tell us what happens when ...

- you double click on the .pps file entry ... does the Viewer handle it ... or does the full product's program get control ?

- you copy the .pps file to a local disk ... then try and view it ... first from Windows Explorer and then from the Run command
Gaev

Previous

Return to NeoBook Action Commands