Source language: Translate to:

Audio looping failure

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Audio looping failure

Postby kerin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:28 pm

Howdy -

I'm working with Neobook 5 (Amazing improvements, by the way - I last used it in 1998! It was astounding then, and to have made it better... Well, I'm surprised.) to put together a little multimedia presentation, and I'm trying to use PlaySoundFile to loop background audio. It's not exactly working - the sound loops maybe five times and stops.

How can I fix this?
kerin

Postby Wrangler » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:35 am

I also noticed this the other day. Don't know whether it was caused by Neobook or Windows. Anyone else have this problem?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby cp4w » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:32 am

I am not sure if I meeet the same problem :? because that is what I use always:

- play the file 1 time
- play the file in the action command of "Finished Playing"

Licia
cp4w

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:55 am

I just tested the following with the current version of NeoBook (5.5.3b) and it appeared to play correctly:

PlaySoundFile "C:\Multimedia\Sound\Drum Loop.wav" "Loop"

It's Windows that actually handles the playing of the file and the looping, so it may have something to do with the type of file and the drivers you have installed.

If you still have trouble, please send us a sample of the type of sound file you're using that doesn't work.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby kerin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:37 pm

Nope, I'm pretty sure this is Neobook, not Windows. The problem only occurs if I navigate to a page other than the one which the audio loop command is on. If I leave the Book on the page where the command is issued, it loops ad infinitum.

Edit: 5.53b is my version too.
kerin

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:42 am

The problem only occurs if I navigate to a page other than the one which the audio loop command is on.

I still can't reproduce this here. Are you sure you don't have any sound or StopMedia actions in your page enter/exit actions that might be interrupting with the playback?

Otherwise, please provide a small sample publication and sound file that we can use to duplicate the problem.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Action Commands