Source language: Translate to:

Embedded , Extract , use command need help

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Gaev » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:24 am

texter:
I have embedded 4 type of files ...

For what you want to do, you might use ExtractFile instead.

And I am assuming that these are the only files needed (on the user's computer) to perform the required functions.
1. I want 7za.exe , ccrypt.exe , cygwin1.dll , blah.7z.texter to be extracted to the Tempdir

Take a look at the Help file for the ExtractFile command ... note that the "source file" parameter CAN NOT be a variable ... it has to be hard coded to be the location of the file in question on YOUR computer at the time of compilation.

Also, you might want to do a FileExists on the files to be extracted before doing so ... that way, if the user repeats this function, you don't have to spend time repeatedly extracting the same thing again and again.

Finally, you will need to keep track of "Work In Progress" ... to ensure that user does not inadvertently (or due to impatience) cause multiple instances of the steps to be invoked ... set/reset values in a variable (like [WorkInProgress]) ... and only start process when value is "FALSE"
2. How do I go about using action commands to make it work in sequences like.

Take a look at the Run command ... use the Wait option to make sure first program is done doing its thing before second program is Run

Take a look at the Help info for the commands ... and if you need help on specific items, post it here.
Gaev

Return to NeoBook Action Commands