Source language: Translate to:

Proxy

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Proxy

Postby Alex » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:32 am

Hi,

Does any budy know how to change Proxy, Internet Proxy for Internet Explorer with Neobook, is there an action to load a Text-File with all Proxy adress and when I push the Button in Neobook, it change automatic in Internet Explorer.

It is possible ?

Thanks

Alex
Alex

Postby Sam Cox » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 am

Googled for "change proxy" and "change proxy by registry" which led me to this site:

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/292/

which suggests that you might be able to do what you want by modifying entries in the registry. But two things to consider:

1) Undertaking to alter the registry should be considered dangerous to the health of your computer. If you are uncertain that you know EXACTLY what you are doing, then DO NOT attempt it. And, by all means, make a backup of your registry before attempting to change it. If you don't know how to backup your registry, then you should not be altering it.

2) Neobook's registry commands are somewhat limited. They allow to read and write string values but not binary values. It may be, in this case, that you will have to modify binary values which Neobook cannot directly do.

Once again, please be very careful when writing to the registry.

-- Sam
Sam Cox

Postby dpayer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:28 pm

Sam Cox wrote:Googled for "change proxy" and "change proxy by registry" which led me to this site:

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/292/

Once again, please be very careful when writing to the registry.

-- Sam

In addition to the points Sam makes, if you change the proxy settings for your application, the network connectivity of that computer will be changed for all apps. You need to be sure about compatibility issues as well.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:42 am

Thanks,

It works wery well

Thanks

Alex
Alex

Return to NeoBook Action Commands