Source language: Translate to:

NB5activeX

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NB5activeX

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:12 am

Hello Neobookers,

I did made a program and compiled it as a Web Browser Plug in... I have found out a problem with NB5activeX.ocx. I did set it on my website but it doesn't work at all to download this site in Internet Explorer, then i tryed to put it in a pubdir and temdir to set NB5activeX.ocx in to it, but it doesn't work. Now I found out that the only way you can used NB5activeX is when you set in the next directory only and that is "C:\program files\neobook5\" then it works perfectly. I did try this out on several computers, but this is the only way it does work... I don''t know if it is a bug or be attempt to be as it is....

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby HPW » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:22 am

I have nor problems with the NB5ActiveX.ocx

You have to make sure to set up your server properly

Your HTML should look like this:
Code: Select all
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<center>
<P>
<object
   classid="clsid:8B5561D8-F6ED-4FD7-BA4D-7DE0FBA3B512"
   codebase="NB5ActiveX.ocx#version=5,5,3,0"
   width="642"
   height="482"
   align="center"
   hspace="0"
   vspace="0">
   <param name="DownloadDir" value="4">
   <param name="PackageFile" value="http://www.YourDomain.com/YourFolder/YourPackage.pkg">
   <param name="CustomVar" value="">
</object>
</p>
</body>

And NB5ActiveX.ocx has to be in the same folder as the PKG.

Using it local it must be there where it is registered by the installer.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Hans-Peter,

I have the next code in html but it still doesn't work on windowsXP proffesional and IE 7.5 and i don't understand why it doesn't work.. What do i wrong ?...

<html>

<head>
<title>Example NeoBook Page</title>
</head>

<body>

<h1>NeoBook 5 Test Page</h1>

<p>Your NeoBook Publication should appear in the box below:</p>

<hr><center><P>
<object
classid="clsid:8B5561D8-F6ED-4FD7-BA4D-7DE0FBA3B512"
codebase="http://members.home.nl/frederik.gerritsen/NB5ActiveX.ocx#version=5,5,3,0"
width="752"
height="552"
align="center"
hspace="0"
vspace="0">
<param name="DownloadDir" value="4">
<param name="PackageFile" value="http://members.home.nl/frederik.gerritsen/nng.pkg">
<param name="CustomVar" value="">
</object>
</p>
</body>
</html>
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 am

Hi,

I know what is going wrong IE 7.5 blocked NBActiveX because the author of thi product is unknow..... But we will found out what we can do to still make it work.

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:55 pm

In order to have NeoBook's NB5Active.ocx control function properly, you must have the security settings in Internet Explorer set to allow unsigned ActiveX controls to download and run. If this ActiveX feature is disabled, the control will not function.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:30 am

Hello to all,

I know NeoBook's NB5Active.ocx control function properly but i did try to use it with ie 7.5 and even i try to download it when it ask to download, but then when i try it doesn't seem to dowload and i don't know why i can not download it with IE 7.5....

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:01 am

The ocx does work with IE 7. It sounds like your Internet security settings are not configured properly.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:37 am

Hi...

I have the following problem:

The steps i do:
I export a pub with the right address into ActiveX, i upload it, and the application shows on the window...
Now the application load two files from [PubDir]. In that point i receive an error that says "Cannot open file c:]docume~1\smartm~1\locals~1\Temp\categories.lst" as soon a push OK another message comes up saying "Cannot open file c:]docume~1\smartm~1\locals~1\Temp\years.lst". Now the main window of the application is show up but i can't use the keyboard shortcut to open a window. In this point i get stack... Localy the application is working fine from the Internet Explorer only...

Any ideas why this happenig, is because using the [PubDir]...???

You can see for your self at:
http://www.neobook.gr/adeies/adies.htm
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:38 am

The [PubDir] variable always contains the path were the publication EXE or PKG is located. When you run an ActiveX-based pub, Internet Explorer downloads the compiled PKG file from your server to the PC's temporary files folder. This folder is the [PubDir].

The error messages appear because the two LST files you're attempting to access do not exist in the [PubDir]. To avoid this problem, you will need to either transport those files inside your compiled PKG and extract them into the [PubDir] using the ExtractFile action, or download the files from the server using the DownloadFile action.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi...

Dave:
I was using this command for loading the contain of those two files:
FileToVar "[PubDir]categories.lst" "[Cat]"
FileToVar "[PubDir]years.lst" "[Years]"

I have change it into
FileToVar "C:\Program Files\NeoBook 4\Pub\Adies\categories.lst" "[Cat]"
FileToVar "C:\Program Files\NeoBook 4\Pub\Adies\years.lst" "[Years]"
so be able to embedded those files inside the package but still receive the same error...

Maybe is a problem with the specific command...???
smartmedia

Postby Gaev » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:41 pm

smartmedia:

If you want to load the contents of a [variable] from an [Embedded] file ...
FileToVar "[Embedded]categories.lst" "[Cat]"
FileToVar "[Embedded]years.lst" "[Years]"

... and before you "compile" your Package ... make sure you have identified the location (on your computer) of the two embedded files using ...

Book >>> Embedded Files ... >>> Add

... so NeoBook will embed the contents of these files from (say) the folder "C:\Program Files\NeoBook 4\Pub\Adies\" at compile time ... and when a user runs your Package (from your website) ... the Embedded contents will be loaded into the specified variable.

Note: Whenever you mention [PubDir] in your commands, NeoBook will substitute the "current folder in the user's computer" in which the application (exe or package) is running ... so, in your example code above, it would look for ... and not find ... the two files in the user's Temporary Folder.
Gaev

Postby smartmedia » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks Gaev that worked...
To bad for me the problems are continue.
I have 3 database that stay in PubDir\data\filename.dbf

Now those 3 database are multiuser, that means that more then one users are going to used...
How i will open those database...??? Normaly i use
dbfCreateMultiUser "[PubDir]data\users.dat" "u1,Integer,0|u2,String,35|u3,String,10|u4,String,35" ""

Any idea...???
If i use Embedded, the files are going to downloaded and i don't want that... Maybe there is a way to work on server side...???
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:13 pm

It's not possible to access dBase files over the Internet. It simply won't work.

You need to use an Internet compatible database like MySQL where the database engine and data are installed on the server. You might take a look at a plug-in called NeoMySQL:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=52
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 am

Thanks Dave:

I think i wait for the new plugin of yours, after all i am awaiting 3 years for that... :D :D :D
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:04 am

I think i wait for the new plugin of yours, after all i am awaiting 3 years for that...

I do sometimes feel like the new database plug-in has been under development forever, but I don't think it's really been three years. Three months maybe. Of course, you may have been wishing for a new plug-in for three years.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Next

Return to NeoBook Action Commands