Source language: Translate to:

mpg1 and mpg2 error

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

mpg1 and mpg2 error

Postby henni » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:35 am

I cannot load any mpg file without shutting down the program with the message "debugger detected". The program shuts down without asking to store. What can I do?
henni

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:38 pm

I've never heard of that error message before, so I'm not sure exactly what to suggest. NeoBook uses the drivers installed in Windows to play most types of media including MPEG files. Sometimes the settings in Windows get messed up, so you might try downloading and installing the latest version of Windows Media Player.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby henni » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:43 am

This is the error message, after confirm the prog will shut down.
I use the lates version of ms media player (10)!
Thanks for info.
Henni
henni

Postby Odd » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:45 am

You will have to close down the debugger service before you run the mpeg file, as the dialog tells you. I do not think any unauthorized debugging is wanted by most application developers, do you? Reverse engineering is bad sportsmanship.
Odd

thanks, but...

Postby henni » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 am

Thank you for your reply, but (I suppose to be a sportsman, who does'nt know his sport well enough...) HOW CAN I SHUT DOWN THE DEBUGGER??? "Debugger detected" is a no-message for me.
Thanks again.
henni

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:18 pm

At some point a debugger program (SoftICE, WinICE or something else) was installed on your PC by you or someone else. SoftICE is a kernel mode debugger for Windows which is no longer in production. It is intended for use by device driver programmers. Debuggers are also used by hackers to circumvent certain types of copy protection, which is probably why Windows is displaying that error message. I believe that WinICE is similar in function to SoftICE.

If you're not using SoftICE, you should be able to uninstall it by selecting "Remove SoftICE" from the SoftICE section of your Windows Start Menu. Uninstalling WinICE should be the same.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Action Commands