Source language: Translate to:

create web object in rectangle w/o plugin?

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

create web object in rectangle w/o plugin?

Postby dpayer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:30 am

I have a license for Alberto's tmWebBrowser and it has a function that I need: create a web browser object in a rectangle.

I am working on a function that could be used on other projects and may be a candidate for a 'custom plugin' using Hans-Peter's module. For this reason I would like to do what the tmWebBrowser does but with the standard tools of NB. I would like to create a web browser in a rectangle programmatically.

I know how to put the object on top of the rectangle, or in the same location as the rectangle but not associated with the rectangle.

Is it possible to do this? If so, I would appreciate any hints.

Hearing none, I will pursue the project with tmWebBrowser

Thanks.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Gaev » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:34 am

David P.:
a function that I need: create a web browser object in a rectangle ... but with the standard tools of NB. I would like to create a web browser in a rectangle programmatically ... I know how to put the object on top of the rectangle, or in the same location as the rectangle but not associated with the rectangle.
... I am not sure what the differences would be ... whenever a plugin creates its own window that is associated with a specified Rectangle ... e.g. dbfShowTable ... the Rectangle is used as a means of setting the co-ordinates and size ... as for the "create a Browser object" ... you could have a Browser object defined at design time and then hidden (off screen) until needed ... or am I missing something ?
Gaev

Postby dpayer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:44 am

Gaev wrote:David P.:
a function that I need: create a web browser object in a rectangle ... but with the standard tools of NB. I would like to create a web browser in a rectangle programmatically ... I know how to put the object on top of the rectangle, or in the same location as the rectangle but not associated with the rectangle.
... I am not sure what the differences would be ... whenever a plugin creates its own window that is associated with a specified Rectangle ... e.g. dbfShowTable ... the Rectangle is used as a means of setting the co-ordinates and size ... as for the "create a Browser object" ... you could have a Browser object defined at design time and then hidden (off screen) until needed ... or am I missing something ?

Maybe not.

Maybe my coding makes the response of the web browser object slow enough to notice a difference (lag) as it is moved/altered. Also, you can snap to a side of a rectangle object but if you simply try to emulate that you need to go through many steps if the rectangle is moved or the window is resized. This is the point where a user goes 'huh, why does it do that?'

BTW - I did attempt to 'run in a rectangle' a web page but it loads MSIE, buttons and all.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Gaev » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:11 pm

David P.
BTW - I did attempt to 'run in a rectangle' a web page but it loads MSIE, buttons and all.
... LOL ... how about ...
Code: Select all
RunInRectangle "Rectangle1" "mySecondProg.exe" "" "" "" "[AppId]"
... where mySecondProgram is a (barebones) NeoBook pub ... with just the one Browser Object ... that fills the pub's entire client area.
Gaev

Postby dpayer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Gaev wrote:David P.
... LOL ... how about ...
Code: Select all
RunInRectangle "Rectangle1" "mySecondProg.exe" "" "" "" "[AppId]"
... where mySecondProgram is a (barebones) NeoBook pub ... with just the one Browser Object ... that fills the pub's entire client area.

True, that is kinda like hiring a tanker truck to bring me 5 gallons of water.

D
dpayer

Postby Gaev » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:44 pm

David P.
True, that is kinda like hiring a tanker truck to bring me 5 gallons of water.
... how about placing a Browser Object inside a Container object (in place of the Rectangle object) ... and take advantage of the Container's "Snap" features ... down from a tanker truck to a 10 gallon "container" solution ? :wink:
Gaev

Return to NeoBook Action Commands