Source language: Translate to:

Bug in Window order

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Bug in Window order

Postby neolife » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:12 pm

There's still some issues with Window order and using OnTop setting.
There were some previous issues with this that you fixed.
See: http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13951

If you have an application with buttons to switch from [WindowOrder] Normal TO [WindowOrder] OnTop .. When you go to OnTop, all windows fall behind the main application.

I have a test pub to show this in action at:
http://70.86.171.26/windowordertest.pub

Also as I previously posted some time ago about the access violation error at http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13951 This error IS MUCH better in the new releases .. however it still seems to be a problem.. I can't make it do it by any particular thing, BUT at randum, the access violation error still pops up and is always in Read of address 00000180. Still ONLY occurs when in OnTop mode and seems to do it when you use another application, then click back on the main Neobook application window. Its very randum and also very annoying. lol I believe a window must be open for it to occur. Don't think its ever done it without a window open, but can't be sure.

Hopefully, this little Bug can be squashed.

And thanks for all the hard work [cussing, pulling hair out, etc.] on Neobook. Neobook has really come a long way.

Using Neobook 5.5.2a

Thanks,
Ken
neolife

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:48 am

Thanks for creating a sample publication, that's very helpful.

Using your instructions, I was able to duplicate the window order problem, but I did not receive any access violations. The window order problem occurs because NeoBook creates custom windows slightly differently when the publication is set to on-top. However, if you always create your custom windows in on-top mode and never in normal mode, the problem goes away. To work around the problem you can use the following code to open your custom windows:

Code: Select all
If "[WindowOrder]" "=" "Normal"
  .set ontop temporarily
  SetVar "[WindowOrder]" "OnTop"
  CustomWindow "Rectangle1" "-100" "80" "Rectangle1" "Sizeable"
  .restore normal state
  SetVar "[WindowOrder]" "Normal"
Else
  CustomWindow "Rectangle1" "-100" "80" "Rectangle1" "Sizeable"
EndIf
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby neolife » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:30 pm

Hi Neosupport,

Thanks for the quick response. Yea, that will work, thanks. Wonder why I didn't think of doing that? :shock:

Hopefully, by going to OnTop and then back to normal after the window is open won't introduce the access violation into the program while in Normal mode. Probably won't, but I'll give it a test.

As for this access violation error, its VERY randum since you made the changes to the latest releases. It might do it in the first hour of having the program open or it might take several hours for it to occur and always occurs ONLY while in OnTOP mode [never while in normal mode] and seems to do it immediately after opening other programs. I just opened Outlook express to check email just a few minutes ago and got the access violation error from my Neobook app. Then afterwards, I can open and close Outlook numerous times and Not get the error. Its hit or miss.

I'll keep testing to see if I can find some sequence that will produce the error on command.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Ken
neolife

Return to NeoBook Action Commands