Source language: Translate to:

Two Questions (Embedded and Maximise/Minimize)

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Two Questions (Embedded and Maximise/Minimize)

Postby Siegmar » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi Neobookers,

1. As I read in this forum it isn't possible to embed a file, that should be written. So, I would extract it and write it outsite in a tmp-Dir. But I'm sure, this written Information will not be saved in the embedded File. My Question: Is it possible, anyway, anyhow, to get the changes into the embedded file?

2. There is a global variable [WindowState] for minimising, maximising. But, is there a way to catch information, if minimize-maximize-button is clicked?

Thanks in advance, Siegmar
Siegmar

Postby Siegmar » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 am

Maybe I should explain it more detailed:
I mean the buttons in the title bar. I can control the close button in the shut-down-action. But how can I control minimize button? I could make a timer-object watching the screen size. But this would not be a nice way. Isn't there a better way?
Siegmar

Postby HPW » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:25 am

1. It is not possible to modify a running EXE.

2. You have no direct option. You could try hpwGetWindowState from hpwUtility in a timer.

hpwGetWindowState "[WinHandle]" "[StateReturn]"
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Gaev » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:05 am

Siegmar:
... the buttons in the title bar. I can control the close button in the shut-down-action. But how can I control minimize button?
... with NeoBook v5.5, you can have your NeoBook application window with/without the Minimize button ... see ...

Book >>> Book Properties >>> Window >>> Window Style

... if user can not see the Minimize button, perhaps he can not minimize window either.

Note you will also need to not show the "System Menu" ... as it too can be used by the user to minimize the window.
Gaev

Return to NeoBook Action Commands