Source language: Translate to:

Hotspot cursor

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Hotspot cursor

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi to all.

I found out if you do make a webbrowser plugin with Neobook and you do use textfile in your publication en use links in the text file, hotspot cursor does not work ? Is this a bug or do i something wrong ?

Regards,
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Re: Hotspot cursor

Postby dpayer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Frederik Gerritsen wrote:Hi to all.

I found out if you do make a webbrowser plugin with Neobook and you do use textfile in your publication en use links in the text file, hotspot cursor does not work ? Is this a bug or do i something wrong ?

Fred

If you are using links within a Rich Text file that does Neobook actions that is one thing. If you are inserting a webpage (inside the browser) then that is another. It is not a RTF file. It is an HTML file.

You need to have your hyperlinks in a HTML file use the NEOBOOK:// protocol and then point to the action you want.

David P.
dpayer

Hotspot cursor

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi,

It is a rich text format i did use in the web browser plugin with neobook, i did made also a standalone file and then the hotspot cursor does work normaly as it should be doing his way. So i was a little suprised that it didn't work if you made a webbrowser plugin with neobook.

regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:30 pm

As far as I can tell the hotspot cursor seems to be working correctly with the compiler's Web Browser Plug-In option. It may have something to do with your version of Internet Exporer. I'm using IE 6 and NeoBook 5.5.1.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

reply on hotspot cursor

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 pm

Hi Dave,

I did use also on two pc internet explorer 6.0. It is not that the link does not worked, it worked correctly, the only thing i want to say is that when you do use rich text in a pkg file, the cursor always stay in arrow and not in a hand when you get over the link when rich text is used... it is not a big problem but i was only suprised...........

regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:22 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were referring to text-based hyperlinks. It turns out that you're right, the hotspot cursor doesn't work. Unfortunately, ActiveX controls, like the Web Browser Plug-In, have a number of quirks that normal exe applications don't. I'll certainly add this quirk to the list of things to look into for the next update.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 pm

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were referring to text-based hyperlinks. It turns out that you're right, the hotspot cursor doesn't work. Unfortunately, ActiveX controls, like the Web Browser Plug-In, have a number of quirks that normal exe applications don't. I'll certainly add this quirk to the list of things to look into for the next update."

Hi dave,

:oops: You did forget to take to do this action in your update 5.5.2.......

Regards
Frederik
[/quote]
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Frederik Gerritsen » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:10 pm

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were referring to text-based hyperlinks. It turns out that you're right, the hotspot cursor doesn't work. Unfortunately, ActiveX controls, like the Web Browser Plug-In, have a number of quirks that normal exe applications don't. I'll certainly add this quirk to the list of things to look into for the next update."

Hi Dave,

:oops: You did forget to make this changes in Neobook updat 5.5.2, maybe in the next update !.

Regards
Fred
Frederik Gerritsen

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:20 pm

Hi Fred,

I'm very sorry, we did forget about this problem. I will make sure that it's corrected in the very next update.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Action Commands