Source language: Translate to:

Trap popup windows question

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:06 am

The popup windows should have the same general appearance and attributes as the host Web Browser object. Other than that, it's currently not possible to customize indivual popup windows from NeoBook. However, if the popup windows are opened using your own HTML code, you may be able to customize them using JavaScript.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby edunaway » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:32 pm

Dave,

Trapped popups are what I consider to be the main weakness in the otherwise excellent browser object because we have little control over them.

Would it be possible to assign a custom window with an embedded browser object as the target for trapped popups? This would allow us to "hide" them by closing the custom window or hiding the browser object in that custom window.

To handle multiple popups, NB could name the popups in array format, based on the first custom window's name, and store that information in a variable array.

-eric
edunaway

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:44 am

This is a very interesting idea. I'm not sure exactly how it would work, but I'll certainly add this to the list of things to consider for the next update.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby edunaway » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:07 pm

Dave,

After thinking about my suggestion some more, maybe an easier way to do this would be to add a new action to close all custom windows with a single command?

-eric
edunaway

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi Eric,

You should be able to close all custom windows like this:

CloseCustomWindow ""
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Action Commands