Source language: Translate to:

RegistryWrite

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

RegistryWrite

Postby rplunkett » Wed May 24, 2006 6:27 pm

I am using Neobook to create an interface that changes registry settings across domains. I currently am using the call function to run a batch file that imports registry settings.
I would like to do this as efficient as possible. I tried getting RegistryWrite to write the variables but am not having any luck.
I am using the following-

RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\VingCard\Vision" "Version"="V3.1"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\VingCard\Vision" "VisionStation"="WORKSTATION"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\VingCard\Vision" "VisionDBStation"="ADVING"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\VingCard\Vision" "VisionPath"="C:\\VISION31"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\VingCard\Vision" "VisionNetPath"="\\\\ADVING\\VISION"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "Driver"="C:\\VISION31\\SQLCLIENT\\dbodbc7.dll"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "UID"="dba"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "DatabaseName"="VISION"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "EngineName"="VISION"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "AutoStop"="No"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "EncryptedPassword"="xxx"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "CommLinks"=TCPIP{dobroadcast=no;host=ADVING}"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "AutoStart"="No"
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\VINGCARD_SQL" "Delphi"="Yes"
MessageBox "" "YOU ARE NOW CONNECTED TO THE XX'S DATABASE!" "" ""

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
rplunkett

Postby Gaev » Wed May 24, 2006 7:41 pm

rplunkett:
Code: Select all
RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SOFTWARE\VingCard\Vision" "Version"="V3.1"
... does not jive with the required format ... from the Help file ... here is the format ...
RegistryWrite "key" "section" "value"
... and an example ...
RegistryWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" "Software\MyPub\UserName" "Joe"
Gaev

Return to NeoBook Action Commands