Source language: Translate to:

Trapping right click

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Trapping right click

Postby David » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:16 am

I have built a system to view controlled pdf documents (using the neobookpdf plugin) but prevent them from being printed. To do this I have disabled the toolbar. Great in theory but if you right click the displayed pdf document a sub menu pops up giving you the option to print the document.

Does anyone know of a way to either trap the right click or disable the PDF menu from popping up?
David

Re: Trapping right click

Postby dpayer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:24 am

David wrote:I have built a system to view controlled pdf documents (using the neobookpdf plugin) but prevent them from being printed. To do this I have disabled the toolbar. Great in theory but if you right click the displayed pdf document a sub menu pops up giving you the option to print the document.

Does anyone know of a way to either trap the right click or disable the PDF menu from popping up?

Alberto has a plugin: tmEvents that will display the status of the right click being pressed. You could use that as a way to send an alert box.

David P
dpayer

Frustration

Postby David » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:25 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Have been experimenting with the plugin. Sending the output to an object works perfectly, but I think the one I need is the subroutine and that does not appear to work (even on the demonstration). Do you have any suggestions?

As a quick fix I have solved the problem by putting attributes into the .pdf file to prevent printing and copying. Did you know this really causes the plugin to become unstable. So much so that on one occassion we could not get the program, when it hung, to clear using Ctrl,Alt, Delete etc.
David

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:14 pm

As a quick fix I have solved the problem by putting attributes into the .pdf file to prevent printing and copying. Did you know this really causes the plugin to become unstable. So much so that on one occassion we could not get the program, when it hung, to clear using Ctrl,Alt, Delete etc.

I haven't noticed that here, but Adobe has released several maintenance update for Acrobat. You might try updating to the latest release and see if that makes any difference.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Action Commands