Source language: Translate to:

Neopaint Error

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neopaint Error

Postby FX2011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:59 am

I've done a fresh install of Vista-64 Ultimate and downloaded a fresh copy of Neopaint. Installed without a hitch, however upon executing the program, I received the following error.

Unable to execute file:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Neopaint\NeoPaint.exe

CreateProcess Failed; code 740.
The requested operation requires elevation.

Additional attempts to run the program generate a error as below...

Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Many thanks!
FX2011

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:39 pm

We've tested the current version of NeoPaint under Windows 7/64bit and haven't encountered any problems. We had two customers report a similar error with NeoBook a while ago. One solved the problem by simply rebooting their PC, and the other (I think) updated their virus scanner software.

A Google search indicates that this error has randomly affected a tiny number of users and variety of different software products over time. The consensus seems to be that the problem has something to do with either a bad Windows update, a buggy anti-virus app, a buggy firewall app or some combination of factors. No one really seems to have found a definitive cause or solution.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 pm

I would try installing it off the root dir: d:\neopaint. The Program Files (x86) and Program Files folders are now virtual, and I've experienced a few different problems with installing there, from not retaining unlock codes to ODBC problems.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby FX2011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have found the problem and it has to do with Microsoft Updates. Apparently many people (I found the information on another software forum) have reported this same issue and removing the following updates corrects the issue...

KB2507938
KB2555917
KB2533623

I removed them, rebooted and Neopaint loaded perfectly. I have no idea what these updates are, other than security related, but apparently Microsoft isn't claiming responsibility.

Too bad there isn't a Neopaint for Linux :wink:
FX2011

Postby Wrangler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Glad you found it. And a note has been made of the culprit updates. Thanks for posting them!
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion