Source language: Translate to:

Where's the magnifying glass tool? + other questions.

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Where's the magnifying glass tool? + other questions.

Postby Sneakers » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I used to use NeoPaint many years ag, when it was a DOS only program, and loved it then, and finally decided to check out how it looks now. I admit, it has change quite abit, and am trying to re-learn how to use it, figuring out the new feaures...but I noticed the Zoom tool is missing. Where you select it and select the area you wish to zoom in on. I mean, that's an important tool to omit.

Also, when you use patterns, and it's always a B&W pattern. Now, I know you can change the black to a colour, but the other part is always going to be white. Say I drew an area, and wanted to use the checkerboard pattern to show a shadow..I pick a dark colour for the pattern, but the colour which the shadow is on, will become white. For example.. a grass field, and you draw a shape to colour the pattern on, the green area you filled will become the colored pattern used, and instead of using the green, you get white spots. It's more noticeable in patterns that have alot of whitespace in it. I just would like to change the white space in the pattern, like I can change the colour for the pattern itself.

Lastly, can you select all of one colour? Say you wanted to highlight all the areas that were this one shade of blue, and be able to change that colour to something else...while those coloured areas are selected, you can easyly select another colour to change the ones you have selected.
Sneakers

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:04 am

...but I noticed the Zoom tool is missing. Where you select it and select the area you wish to zoom in on. I mean, that's an important tool to omit.

The Zoom tool is the one that looks like a microscope:

You can also adjust the image magnification using the Preview window (see Options > Show Preview).

Also, when you use patterns, and it's always a B&W pattern. Now, I know you can change the black to a colour, but the other part is always going to be white...

The background of patterns can be either solid (white) or transparent. Use the small Fill Selector icons to switch between the different styles:

Lastly, can you select all of one colour? Say you wanted to highlight all the areas that were this one shade of blue, and be able to change that colour to something else...

You can use the Color Replacement Fill tool to change a color to another color throughout the image:

NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Sneakers » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 pm

Oh...it has been awhile since I last used Neopaint...like over a decade ago. I thought the Zoom was a magnifying glass.

As for the pattern...saw the 2 pattern icons there, but I didn't know what was what, because when I moved a mouse over each one, it wouldn't tell me what each one was. I wasn't aware it a transparent pattern. My error.

Thanks for the help...didn't think I would get that rusty on it and forget the tools I used before. :oops: Just all the new features and layout, was taken in awe. :)
Sneakers

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion