tmReports PlugIn - powerful Reports

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

tmReports PlugIn - powerful Reports

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:18 am

Here is a toy you can play for countless hours:

tmReports PlugIn

http://plugins.techmedia-software.com.br

Create powerful reports in Neobook. Now, with the Neobook DB Plugin and tmReports PlugIn, you can create powerful database applications with full reports capabilities. The ReportDesigner, is based on a freeware component FreeReport. The tmDesignerReport  is freeware too. Inside the plugin, there´s a custom dataset developed by TechMedia to use 'comma delimited files' exported by NeoDB query functions. Example pub included. FreeReport manual (.DOC) is included too.

Cheers
Alberto Meyer

tmReports PlugIn

Postby mh » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:23 am

Hi,

Does the report generator have the ability to

- do grouping
- do totals, averages etc on the different subgroups
- do ordering
- combining different dbs

I looked at the plug-in and a few more detailed example reports would be useful.

Thanks
MH
mh

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Alberto Meyer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:41 pm

Does the report generator have the ability to

- do grouping

Yes
- do totals, averages etc on the different subgroups
Yes
- do ordering
Yes
- combining different dbs
It use a txt generated by Neobook DB. If you export a query that combines the dbs...
The report itself does not do it.

I looked at the plug-in and a few more detailed example reports would be useful.
Yes. I know.
Alberto Meyer

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:22 am

Hi Alberto,

Nice plug-in, just 1 question...

copied from the creator's website:

----------
What's new in FreeReport 2.32

- Script language
- Syntax hilightning in Script editor
- Interbase Express (IBX), IBObjects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) support
- Cross-tab reports
- Line style
- BarCode
- RTF 2.0
- TfrPreview component for creating custom preview windows
- TfrRoundRectObject
- Export filters: txt, htm, csv, rtf
- 8 International Languages (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukraine)

----------

Can your plug-in handle more languages too?

Thanks.
Frank

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Alberto Meyer » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:59 am

Frank. This is what the designer can do.
To implement these features in the plugin, i have to study the reports generated by the designer and implement it. No so easy task.  I will check out it, but cross reports are already in the plugin. The preview window too, but not the same as FreeReport.
Alberto Meyer

tmReports PlugIn

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:55 pm

Alberto

I have just been playing with tmReports and it looks pretty good.  Just so that I (and others) are clear: to get a report on a query, you run the NeoDB dbfQuery, export the found dataset with dbfExportAll to CSV format (with titles), then in tmReports, load the dataset CSV, load (or create) the report.

Within the report, it is then possible to Group sections of the data by reference to the data fields.

Is the above about right?

Your website
http://plugins.techmedia-software.com.br/
says: <We can create 'Custom Designers'> - seems to cost $30.  What does this mean?

Thanks Alberto :-)
BillB

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:26 pm

: to get a report on a query, you run the NeoDB dbfQuery, export the found dataset with dbfExportAll to CSV format (with titles), then in tmReports, load the dataset CSV, load (or create) the report.

Yes, you can create reports based on CVS data. Inside the plugin, there´s a Tdataset that deal with this type of data.

Within the report, it is then possible to Group sections of the data by reference to the data fields.

Yes, any way you like.

says: <We can create 'Custom Designers'> - seems to cost $30.  What does this mean?

With the aditional fee, we personalize the designer for you, with the name of your company and the icon, so you can redistribute it if you like.

All the best

PS: like others plugins, it will deserve a better docs, that will come with time. As I said, all the plugins will have a decent user guide, like the new ones.
Alberto Meyer

tmReports PlugIn

Postby skias » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:59 am

Hello I like to know if it's possible to add variables from neobook projects to the Reports
skias

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:10 pm

Can you explain a liitle more?
Alberto Meyer

tmReports PlugIn

Postby skias » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:41 pm

OK. Look I make an application that is having database and works fine with the tmreports but I have some variables like [name],[company] that is out of the db. I try to put it in a report so that I can change them (not to be static) but It didn't work. So I mine that I want to send the variables from my pub to the report like when you make the same with the rtf's files....
skias

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:03 pm

Ok, I understood. I can put it, sure. Just give ve a week. I´m focused on other stuff this week.
Alberto Meyer

tmReports PlugIn

Postby reynoldlariza » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:51 pm

I haven't tested tmReports. Just a question... is it like (or will it be like?) Crystal Reports? (or any similarities?). When I got home i'll check it out. :-)
reynoldlariza

tmReports PlugIn

Postby Alberto Meyer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:10 am

some kind of. I will be upgraded to work with native DBF querys soon.
Alberto Meyer

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities