Source language: Translate to:

Calls to External dll - Utility for calls to external dll?

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Calls to External dll - Utility for calls to external dll?

Postby gulfcad » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:43 pm

I am looking at a software protection package for my NeoBook project that would require that I make calls to an external dll from NeoBook. Anyone know if this is possible or if there are any utilities for doing this? Thanks.
gulfcad

Calls to External dll

Postby HPW » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm

It depends on what you have to call with which parameter (count and type) and which calling convention. When you want to call a DLL with CDECL-calling convention with one PChar-parameter you can use hpwDllCall. More flexibel is newLISP via hpwNewLisp. See newLISP doc for details.

But why did you not take a look at ronnie's plugin for software-protection?
HPW

Calls to External dll

Postby gulfcad » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:23 am

I am still considering Ronnie's, but I am looking at PC Guard for a more robust system. They include an API that can be used by third party to register users. I need something automated via a web site. Their protection scheme is more flexible with restriction by about 10 different parametes including domain and IP address. They also have a network license for multiple access. I have done some minor scripting, but prefer the easier method of just wrapping the entire application. Here are the calls required. Let me know if you think there is any solution using NeoBook.

Functions should be defined in the following way:

for Visual C/C++

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall GetInterfaceData(PPCG_INTERFACE);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall UpdateCustomCounters(PPCG_INTERFACE pcgi);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall UnlockApplication(char * ActivationCode);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall RemoveLicense(LPDWORD RemovalCode);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall TransferLicense(DWORD SiteCode, char* NewActivationCode);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall ExtendLicense(char* ActivationCode, DWORD ExtensionPeriod);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall CheckDemoLimitations(PPCG_INTERFACE pcgi);

extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int __stdcall CheckLimitedLicense(PPCG_INTERFACE pcgi);

You must include pcgint.lib in the list of library modules.

for Visual basic:

Declare Function GetInterfaceData Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_GetInterfaceData@4" (ByRef pcgi As PCG_INTERFACE_STRUCT) As Long

Declare Function UpdateCustomCounters Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_UpdateCustomCounters@4" (ByRef pcgi As PCG_INTERFACE_STRUCT) As Long

Declare Function UnlockApplication Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_UnlockApplication@4" (ByVal ActivationCode As String) As Long

Declare Function RemoveLicense Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_RemoveLicense@4" (ByRef RemovalCode As Long) As Long
Declare Function TransferLicense Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_TransferLicense@8" (ByVal NewSiteCode As Long, ByRef NewActivationCode As String) As Long
Declare Function ExtendLicense Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_ExtendLicense@8" (ByRef ActivationCode As String, ByVal ExtensionPeriod) As Long
Declare Function CheckDemoLimitations Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_CheckDemoLimitations@4" (ByRef pcgi As PCG_INTERFACE_STRUCT) As Long
Declare Function CheckLimitedLicense Lib "pcgint.dll" Alias "_CheckLimitedLicense@4" (ByRef pcgi As PCG_INTERFACE_STRUCT) As Long
gulfcad

Calls to External dll

Postby gulfcad » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:18 am

I forgot to mention that they also support Delphi. I was reading a few of the other postings on making a dll a NeoBook Plug-in. Does anyone know if it would be possible to convert this dll to a NeoBook plug-in without extensive programming? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
gulfcad

Calls to External dll

Postby HPW » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:40 am

From their web-site:

http://www.sofpro.com/pcgw32v5.htm

- Unique support for non-standard applications!
PC Guard for Win32 includes special support for the following compilers/applications:
- NeoBook applications (http://www.neosoftware.com)

Direkt support for neobook? How?

How does they support Delphi (delphi-code)?
No download offered on the site.

And at least it seems pretty pricy. More than neobook costs!
HPW

Calls to External dll

Postby gulfcad » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:05 pm

They have a download at this web page: http://www.sofpro.com/download.htm  Caution: they are in the process of updating the demo. It doesn't recognize projects done in version 4.13. They said it should be out by next week.

Apparently NeoBook uses an overlay and is slightly different than a standard Windows exe. The reason that I am willing to pay more is that I can use their included API with RegSoft so my commission rates are lower. We are hoping that this will be large selling publication (wishfull thinking) and we want to automate the process as much as possible. We don't have the time to email out registration licenses if we start doing a lot of business.
gulfcad

Calls to External dll

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:04 pm

gulfcad,
There is an easier cheaper way to automate the registration process trough Regsoft....
Contact me if that's all you want to do...
How does it work:

1. Client tries you pub.
2. client clicks on the regsoft link to buy the pub .
3. client buys the pub and everything is good.
4. regsoft Emails the client the registration number in a nice E-mail... that's it...
5. you get an E-mail notifying you of a sale..

if that's what you're after . please let me know and I'll give you a cheaper way of doing it.

regards.
Jay

Calls to External dll

Postby gulfcad » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:39 pm

Jay,

I sent you an e-mail off line, but I haven't heard anything. Let me know if you did not receive it. I would like to find out more information. Thanks.
gulfcad

Calls to External dll

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:51 pm

I sent you a reply twi days ago.. did you not get it.?
Jay

Calls to External dll

Postby gulfcad » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:10 pm

No, it did not come through. Could you resend to my email address listed in my profile on the bulletin board? Thanks.
gulfcad

Calls to External dll

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:26 am

Sent again....

(Edited by Jay at 1:26 pm on Mar. 3, 2004)
Jay

Calls to External dll

Postby gulfcad » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:03 pm

Thanks, I did get your email this time. I would still like to know how you did your single file (multiple flash) demo in the Protecting extracted files section. Please let me know if you would like to share this information. Thanks.
gulfcad

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities