Source language: Translate to:

spreadsheet plugin - any available

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

spreadsheet plugin - any available

Postby William Sabin » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:19 pm

I would like to do a very simple budget system, and I am looking for a spreadsheet plugin. I probable could use the data base, but I am more familiar with spreadsheets.
William Sabin

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:30 pm

Yes, but not available to public. I have made it as a custom development. If the contractor permits, i can release it. It caan load Excel spreadsheets and workbooks.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby datadon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:34 am

I would be interested in such a plugin also...

Don
datadon

spreadsheet plugin

Postby AlfB » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:42 am

hi Alberto,
sounds interesting, and as my wife often needs to treat Excel spreadsheets , it could be sth. for me, too.

looking forward to it

ALF
AlfB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:59 am

OK. I will check if I can put it available for other users.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby AlfB » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:03 am

hi Al,

any news about your excel-incorporating plugin???

ALF
AlfB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:21 am

Can you send to me an excel spreadheet ? I did this plugin some time ago, and , as I don´t have MS Office, i don´t have any Excel file to test it again.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:47 am

Thanks. AlfB sent to me.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:00 am

A liitle observation:

any news about your excel-incorporating plugin

The plugin can load Excel XLS files, but it´s not Excel. You can build a Spreadsheet basic application with it, but it absolutely has not all the Excel capabilities, but you can create a pretty good finance program with it.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby AlfB » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:08 am

hi Al,
no problem, I already thought it would be sth like this (if not, why should one buy Excel from M$ ;O)
when you do an example nb pub, could you specify which functions will work?

thx
ALF
AlfB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Patch » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:23 am

Hi Al
If you don't have Excel you can attempt it with Open Office, the sages say that it is compatible ;-)

When you have it finished you tell it to us, we are anxious ;-)
Patch

spreadsheet plugin

Postby AlfB » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:28 am

hi Patch,
as the sages are often right, but never 100%, OOo opens excel sheets, but is not 100% excel compatible. what I'm looking for (for educational purposes mainly) is a way to treat excel sheets in a simple way without using a too complicated software.

ALF

(Edited by AlfB at 10:29 am on Aug. 30, 2004)
AlfB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:24 am

Ok, some news about it:

- the plugin needs some upgrades to be fully compatible with the new version of Neobook. It´s based on the first plugin SDK. Outdated.
- the plugin needs "standartization" :) to be compatible with my other plugins name conventions, "tm" prefix for actions and variables.
- The plugin is powerful enough to let you build a pretty good spreadsheet application or any other financial, statistics or grid application.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby William Sabin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:55 pm

Looking forward to the plugin, I don't need all the functions normally associated with a spreadsheet, I would need sort by date or, copy find a minimum value in a column, sum. Iff possible I could use an interface with neobook, so that I could transfer selected column information into a listbox, edit the list box and transfer the date back to the spreadsheet. I would like to use a text entry to place data into the spreadsheet.  All this will end up on a calender. The spreadsheet will be off page and never be visable. The data entry form will be similar to a check  for expenses and deposit slip for income. Hope we can work this one out.
William Sabin

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:35 pm

Willian

You can do all of this and a LOT OF more.

Cheers
Alberto Meyer

Next

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities