Source language: Translate to:

tmCanvas Plugin - new plugin useful for create index pages

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

tmCanvas Plugin - new plugin useful for create index pages

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:38 pm

tmCanvas -> Create image files from NeoBook4 pages. This plugin captures a Neobook page and put it in a BMP/JPEG file, even pages that are not visible at moment, wich is ideal for create Index pages. Other functions will come. Example pub included.

Please don´t use the resize functions yet.

http://plugins.techmedia-software.com.br

Cheers

Alberto
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:35 am

New update:
Now you can capture the role page or just an rectangle. You can put several objects in front a transparent rectangle and capture that area. You can save it.
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:52 am

Updated.
Now you can capture the Windows Desktop behind the PUB. Works better in runtime, because in design time, you will capture the Neobook IDE.

OPS: as a bonus, 2 new routines to run your PUB in Stealth mode or not. (stealth = invisible) :)

Cheers

(Edited by Alberto Meyer at 9:16 am on June 19, 2004)

(Edited by Alberto Meyer at 10:07 am on June 19, 2004)
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby ajledoux » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:24 pm

Hello Alberto

I wish to commend you on all the contributions that you have made to this forum and us Neobook users.  

I wanted to point out that by holding down the "Alt Key" when pressing the "Print Screen Key" you can capture only the topmost active window into the Memory Clipboard which then can be pasted into any paint or image program to be saved or edited.

I use this method all the time to create brochures and printouts to distribute with my demos.

Keep up the good work we greatly appreciate it.

Alex
ajledoux

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:02 pm

Thanks for your words. Much appreciated. The print screen key is cool. My routine to capture the desktop, behind the pub, is useful to various tasks, like screen savers that capture the desktop and make special effects with it, without the user interact. Sometimes, when you make an multimedia application, it´s useful capture the desktop, without the need to use the print screen. Besides that, it´s another feature, not the main target of this plugin. In a few days, I will put the routines to write on the page, make special effects on it, etc.  This plugin will grow with time.

Cheers

Thanks again

(Edited by Alberto Meyer at 7:10 pm on June 19, 2004)
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Gaev » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:18 am

Alex:

While almost everything can be accomplished with a bit (lots ?) of typing and clicking, the value add of a plug-in like this one is the automated (hands-fee ?) ability of accomplishing the same ; a couple of examples ...

a) your application can have a small button (or even a hidden button with a hot-key) such that a user wishing to describe some sort of problem while using your application can trigger this button ... and have your application ...

- snap the current page's image to a temp file (full page including the non-visible parts)
- email this file (as an attachment) to you (along with an option to type a description/question)

... much better than asking the user to remember keystrokes, start their paint program, save to disk, start their email program, select your email address etc., attach the saved file and send it to you.

b) the ability to snap only parts of a named page (i.e. the area bounded by a named rectangle object) makes it really simple for enhancing your Help file with specific images (a picture is worth a thousand words) to zoom in on the section being described in the help file section.

c) in applications where you want to enable the user to have his/her own background on selected/all pages of your application ; you can have a page where the user can make selections (Picture: FileName, Position, Size etc. ; Text: Content etc.) ; then move/size the appropriate NeoBook objects as specified, snap the page to a file ... and on every other page, choose this file as your wallpaper ... voila, you have a user-skinned application (sort of !).

ScreenSavers, Calendars etc. that let the user point and click from stock components are a dime a dozen ... ones that let the user mix-&-match components into a single file stand apart from the me-too crowd.

d) another possibility is the ability to fuse multiple family photos and text messages onto one composite image file ; then email the stuff to friends and family.

Thanks Alberto for this (and other fine) plug-in(s) ; can't wait for the additional promised functionality.
Gaev

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby ajledoux » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:41 am

Point taken..

I have now installed alberto's Plug-in and now see the potential uses.

Keep up the good work.
ajledoux

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:32 am

Thank, gK51, for the explanatiom. Brilliant, as usual. Later today I will take off the nag screen, ok? I don´t like them. Cheers.
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:39 am

Updated.
Add tmHideFromTaskBar function.
You pub is visible, but not on taskbar. Side Effect: change the borders of the pub window, but works for me.

(Edited by Alberto Meyer at 7:18 am on June 24, 2004)
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:54 am

Updated. tmHideFromTaskBar don´t change the format of the Window anymore. When minimized, the window will show in task bar. If you want to hide it when minimized, put a timer on your pub and check the windows state, for example. If minimize, call the tmHideFromTaskBar again. When restore the window, call tmHideFromtaskbar again. You have to code a little more, but can restored a minimed app. If your pub don´t have a minimize button, you don´t need to check do this trick.
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:30 pm

Updated. Add Experimental Skin routines. Skin your exe. These functions ONLY WORKS IN RUNTIME. DO NOT USE IT WITH NEOBOOK ACTIVE.
Thanks.
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby SpiritHorseNOOT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:16 am

keep up the great work albert...............................   maybe another idea for you great plugin ................

would be the ablity to add Custom Titlebar Buttons with defineable onclick and onright click actions????

would help out alot and make the plugin even better
SpiritHorseNOOT

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:52 am

Ok. I willtry. I will release some more skins with time and a skin builder. But I think to have more research on that.
Alberto Meyer

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby SpiritHorseNOOT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:56 am

thanks albert this would help alot of ppl out ............... simply cause it would allow them to create buttons like
window roll up or page buttons  that are within the titlebar
SpiritHorseNOOT

tmCanvas Plugin

Postby SpiritHorseNOOT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 pm

it seems alberto that when you I use the the tmNotShowOnTaskBar in the it causes Customwindows to open in the background instead on on top of the pubs exe it does the same for messege/alert/error windows

(Edited by SpiritHorseNOOT at 6:08 pm on June 28, 2004)
SpiritHorseNOOT

Next

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities