Source language: Translate to:

spreadsheet plugin - any available

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

spreadsheet plugin

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:27 pm

Alberto

This could be a very popular plug-in.  To the best of my knowledge there has never been a way to load / create spreadsheets or easily create grids in Neobook.  The only way I found was with Jay's Active-X plug and grid OCXs, which in themselves tended to be very simple if they were cheap/free or very expensive if they were capable - but I never knew of any which could load an XLS file!

I hope you are able to progress this along with all you other work :-)

(Edited by BillB at 6:28 pm on Sep. 5, 2004)
BillB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:57 pm

I have bought a freeware CDROM this weekend on a magazine with about 400 Excel templates, to let me test. This plugin is not Excel, but I´m trying to make it more compatible as I can. AlfB has sent a Excel file that i load in my plugin without any problems.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Gerryforbes » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:31 pm

I'd be interested as well.  It would be very useful to me if you could protect cells (or columns, or rows) so they couldn't be modified by all users.
Gerryforbes

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:08 am

I can try the protected method.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby reynoldlariza » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:01 am

hmmnnn.... this is a nice plugin :-)

just a question?

will it support macros too? (just kidding)

I can't imagine how you're doing this. If I try... my head almost collapsed. Anyway, all i can say is this kind of plugin will surely be popular (and very useful). Keep it up! :-)
reynoldlariza

spreadsheet plugin

Postby AlfB » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:16 am

hi reynold,
just to mention: Alberto is offering a macro-plugin with which at least you can work within the Neobook part of the excel plugin. it won't work outside neobook, of course, but therre you can use Visualbasic for Office. so probably you should work out two solutions.

ALF
AlfB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:45 am

HI, the Excel file format is widely open. Others, like DWG from AutoCad is only available through reverse engineering. As I said earlier, the plugin IS NOT Excel. There are hundreds of coders and engineers involved in Excel. This plugin, is basically, a advanced grid with excel load/save capabilities and the capacity of make cell calculation using some Excel standarts. You can build a pretty advanced spreadshhet with it as a exe, because it runs on Neobook. You can save the files to a stream, if you want to protect your spreadsheet and assign passwords on it. You can build a programa that loads spreadsheets direct from streams. So, if you have an office, and wants to send a spreadsheet inside a stream via email to another person, you can. Or, if you are using tmSocks, you can send the spreadsheet direct to another computer, via TCP socktes. BTW, if our tmSocks plugin and tmStorage, you can send pubs inside streams and load it in another machine.

Cheers.  
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:10 am

Almost all Excel spreadsheets (from the MagazineCover CD ROM) works well in the plugin.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby eCB » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:15 pm

HI Alberto,
With this plugin Excel in NeoBook, files XLS be treated by tmStorage?
With when the tests?
Bernard
eCB

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:35 pm

You can load/save XLS, XLT from/to streams, too. The test are in progress. :) Soon I will post a working EXE.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:43 am

If anyone know EasyOffice Spreadsheet, our plugin will have lots of similarities. :) I think it was built in Delphi. Same kind of class windows, etc.
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:02 pm

Sunday
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Alberto Meyer » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:58 am

Available
Alberto Meyer

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Gerryforbes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:19 pm

HI Alberto.

Nice piece of work!

I noticed that after entering text, <Enter> completes the entry and moves down.

But the arrow keys don't seem to work.  Am I missing something?

Regards,
Gerry

(Edited by Gerryforbes at 10:22 pm on Sep. 28, 2004)
Gerryforbes

spreadsheet plugin

Postby Beno » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:00 pm

Beno

Previous

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities