Source language: Translate to:

plugin hpwutility 1.53- hpwFileRead

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

plugin hpwutility 1.53- hpwFileRead

Postby Skarabäus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:13 am

dear hans-peter,
dear neobookers,

i made a multilanguage experiment as follows:

1 article object
3 buttons (german, english, francais)

for each button i implement following code:
german: hpwFileRead "[PubDir]text_ueberdieregion_de.rtf" "All" "[TESTVAR]"
english: hpwFileRead "[PubDir]text_ueberdieregion_en.rtf" "All" "[TESTVAR]"
francais: hpwFileRead "[PubDir]text_ueberdieregion_fr.rtf" "All" "[TESTVAR]"

I have stated now the following problem:

If you click the first language-button everything is ok, but if you click another language-button the different language texts accumulates in the article object.

i tried to solve the problem with setting the variable [TESTVAR] empty before a new text will loaded up in the article object.

setVar "[TESTVAR]" ""

but it doesn't work.

you can download the test-pub under this link with the corresponding files:

http://www.visualvisit.de/test.zip

Any help is welcome.
Skarabäus
User avatar
Skarabäus
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 am
Location: Germany, Ostfildern

Postby HPW » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:21 am

Skarabäus,

Beside the fact that you does not include the Test.RTF in your ZIP, I think you screwed something up, but that is not the real problem.

Your text_ueberdieregion_de.rtf contains all 3 languages.
But this is also not the problem.

I add a multiline text entry below the articel-object to monitor the content of [TestVar]. Then you can see that it is filled with the choosen text. But somehow does the articlel object combines the content.

So I would say a bug.

My testcase:

www.hpwsoft.de/anmeldung/html1/neobook/scarab.zip
Hans-Peter
User avatar
HPW
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:24 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Skarabäus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:05 am

hans-peter:

many thanks for you response.
i filled up now the zip-file above with the forgotten file.
you are right i put the multilanguage rtf file in the zip.

Meanwhile i have tested the situation with other following objects in neobook:
simple text-object
text entry-object

and it is the same result as in the case of an article-object.

So it seems that it is maybe a problem of neobook at all?

P.S.
the multilanguage file was a test file for your "hpwStreamRead"-function. my intension was to bring all the languages in one file and jump with this function to the first line of the specific language. with this it is only necessary to use one file instead of three.
Skarabäus
User avatar
Skarabäus
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 am
Location: Germany, Ostfildern

Postby Skarabäus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:49 pm

issam1979:

You are absolutely right!!

With "SetObjectFileName" it works perfektly!
It also works with embedded files.

Perhaps we find an answer sometime why it has not worked with the others.

A big embrace for you. whereever you are. :shock:
Skarabäus
User avatar
Skarabäus
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 am
Location: Germany, Ostfildern

Postby HPW » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:30 pm

Explanation:

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14447

So you would have to be more carefull in creating the RTF-files.
(Leaving out headers etc.)
Hans-Peter
User avatar
HPW
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:24 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Skarabäus » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:37 am

hans-peter:
issam1979:
neobookers:

Many thanks for your engagement to this problem.
It lets itself be seen the forum works and lives good!
At now, I can not contribute much programming knowledge but put in questions to this I am already rather good! :wink:
Skarabäus
User avatar
Skarabäus
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 am
Location: Germany, Ostfildern


Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron