Source language: Translate to:

Neobook database utilities plug in

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: Neobook database utilities plug in

Postby dpayer » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:44 am

mljolje wrote:Database utils plug in contains basic functionaly in working with dBase and Access databases. These functionality includes database table navigation, editing, simple and fast reports creation, table grids and so on.

Web address:

http://neobook.ib-host.net/neobook.html

:)

I have downloaded your plugin and so far I find it very powerful. I could not download the help file that is mentioned on your page. I need to see a bit more of how you expect certain information in the reports area.

Would it be possible for you to put up a demo publication as well?

Are there any requirements to use this with Access files? (MDAC downloaded from Microsoft, etc). I already have Access on the machine I am testing it on so that is probably already installed on my machine.

I like the way you build your wizards to gather the data. It saves many steps.

What development tool did you use to make this? (Delphi? Powerbasic? C?)

David Payer
dpayer

Postby Rasl » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:37 am

I cannot download the dbplugin but yes I downloaded the help, it interests me to be able to evaluate the plugin. Dpayer could send it to me to: rasl@alternativagratis.com
thank you
Rasl

Postby dpayer » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:02 am

mljolje wrote:I am sorry for the problems but web server that I am using is not quite good. I uploaded again it so now it works.

Best regards,
marije

All is in order now. You have a nice selection of plugins!

David P
dpayer

Postby Rasl » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:29 am

resolved problem
thank you marije and dplayer
salu2
Rasl

Postby dpayer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:01 pm

A few questions on this plugin.

1. When a database is selected, your wizard has you select from an actual location on the hard drive. That location is then put in the statement. Can we replace the absolute location with a [pubdir] variable?

2. The "filter" process is not clear. Are we supposed to use (Access based) SQL queries here? ( a demo pub would be helpful).

3. Do we "filter" before making a grid to contain it? or do we create a grid and then filter?

4. If I go to create a grid BEFORE I have created a rectangle to put it in, then I can go no further, the wizard wants a rectangle and waits for it. I cannot cancel out from that screen.

5. Reports also look for absolute locations. Can the [pubdir] variable be used instead?

6. When we select almost everything, we are asked to select the database but shouldn't it know which one we opened up? Don't we have to select it to open it and then select it to do something with it and then select it again to report from it. Wouldn't it be better to have a designation for the database you are working with? I understand if you wanted to have many databases open at once. But I think most will use one database with several tables, for the most part.

7. When I do create a rectangle and put a grid in it and assign the database to display I get this error:

Error reading ImageList1-> Bitmap: Failed to read ImageList data from stream

(I did not put any images in the pub. It is only a few statements long. To test things.)

David P.
dpayer

Postby David de Argentina » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi mljoljie,

Nice Job !

Are there any way to handle data before send it to the grid ?

For example: I need show data from 2 tables and calculated fields....

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance,

David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Re: Neobook database utilities plug in

Postby christian » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:11 am

mljolje wrote:Database utils plug in contains basic functionaly in working with dBase and Access databases. These functionality includes database table navigation, editing, simple and fast reports creation, table grids and so on.:)

Great tool.:!: On your website you have mentioned that SQL is in testing-phase. I'm very interested in that via ODBC.
Do you can tell, whether I can test this plug-in, or buy it?:roll:
Christian
christian

Postby christian » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Found, that for PostgreSQL another provider must be defined. I have installed the DLLs for "PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider" but I get no connection to the database. :(

From the readme:
USAGE
In order to direct use to this provider, you must specify "PostgreSQL", "PostgreSQL.1" or
"PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider" as your "provider".
PgOleDb supports the following connection attributes:
Provider - mandatory. Must be set to "PostgreSQL", "PostgreSQL.1" or "PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider"
Data Source - server name or address
location - database name
User ID - PG user name to log in as
password - the password

Seems, that your Plug-in only works with Microsoft-Products...
Christian
christian

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities