Source language: Translate to:

Variable Extraction

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Variable Extraction

Postby rcohen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:53 am

Extract NeoBook variables from any ascii file (HTML, XML, TXT, even PUB) completely automatically. Similar to the new feature included with NB5 for the currently loaded pub. A real timesaver for those who routinely build HTML or other templates for NB.

VariParser will list everything contained in square brackets, eliminate duplicate finds, and sort the list.

VariParser Freeware can be found HERE

rcohen
rcohen

Postby datadon » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:35 pm

Hey thanks Robert,

This will be very useful. Mostly appreciate your generosity.

By the way, in Vegas we have more cosmetic surgeons than poker chips. We might be able to do something with your eyes.. :lol:

Great avatar!

Don
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby datadon » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:43 pm

By the way, another nice use of this is that once you generate all these variables and put them in the clipboard, you can then paste then right into a page or custom window and watch all your values from there. Nice!!

Don
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby rcohen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:32 pm

Glad you find it as useful as I do Don... I coded it for some ongoing projects I'm finding myself having to do.... lots of template stuff....

And yes, I've had this eye trouble now for a while.... I find it quite useful for reading unicode, however!

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

Postby beno » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:21 am

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your contributions.

I tried your VariParser... and of course the problem are my neurons... I get the idea of what does this proggie do but my tests I did not produced nothing...

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a html file with a 3 column table:

Column1 | Column2 | Column 3
bla1| bla2 | bla bla3
... and so on

I have lots of files like this... and ... I'm creating a database with one field for each column, so each row will become a record...

Mm... yes, I think I NeoCode will help me in this job... but: does your program can help in this task?

Saludos,

beno
beno

Postby rcohen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:01 am

Hi Beno,

The ap simply extracts square bracketed sets along with their contents.

Code: Select all
[contents]

It will not help you with anything more than that.

I use it when I have a template (HTML or other) which contains a bunch of hard set variables... and I need to capture them all for processing. Rather than spend a great deal of time combing through the document and hand copying the variables to my clipboard extender, I simply run this application.

IF you need the source code for this, so you can customize it to extract items of YOUR choice, email me directly and I'd be happy to supply it to you.

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

Postby beno » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for your kind offer but I'm creating my own filter now and it seems to be working...

Saludos,

beno
beno

Postby rcohen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Any time!!

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

Return to NeoBook Plug-Ins and Utilities