Source language: Translate to:

ActiveX Controls and Components - GREAT resource

Software of interest to NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

ActiveX Controls and Components

Postby Cisco » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:01 pm

How I can use this activex in Neobook publication?

Thankssss :-)
Cisco

Postby HPW » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:52 pm

Jay's ATN plugin

http://www.neosoftware.com/cgi-bin/ikon ... &topic=459

(Edited by HPW at 10:52 pm on Feb. 9, 2004)
HPW

Postby Cisco » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:54 pm

Thank you Hpw but it's to much spensive money for my (89$) Don't are a free plugin or any more?
Cisco

Postby djold1 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:30 pm

Well, technically ATN is not a plug-in. It is many things but at the end it is a plug-in maker. One ATN lets you make many NeoBook plug-ins. And if the OCX's that you find are free, then after the cost of ATN, the plug-in is free.

ATN is the most expensive of the 3rd party development tools for NeoBook. But it is also very sophisticated with many built-in features that Jay has worked very hard on. It is worth the money

While I admire and respect those who have the time and inclination to produce the many free NeoBook plug-ins, I think that Jay and Ronnie are at the heart of  NeoBook plug-in development. They have not only produced great plug-ins, but by charging for them, they have accepted the responsibility for documenting, updating and supporting these products. By doing this, they make it possible for serious developers to include these products in commercial software. They are accountable for what they do.

Personally, I can understand the feeling of frustration if there is a desirable plug-in for NeoBook that I cannot afford to buy. It happens to me as well. However, I cannot say to myself that a plug-in should be free, just because I can't afford it. I respect the time, the testing, the energy, the ingenuity, the experience and sometimes the genius that goes into creating software.

Even more, I can identify with the need to make a living from the creation of software. It is an honorable profession that deserves a decent return.

I depend on NeoSoft, Ronnie & Jay daily because a large part of my yearly income is from the sale of software using the NeoBook and their plug-ins.

Software should not be free, just because we personally want it to be so. If it is free, then there are other reasons that make it that way.
djold1

Postby Troy » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:30 pm

Pete,

I wanted to mention that your signature URL is not correct.
Troy

Return to Software