Source language: Translate to:

Change Font size in Ext Text File

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Change Font size in Ext Text File

Postby StarterPack » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:01 am

Hi guys

How do i change the Font size in an external Text file

I've already created a Text Entry file and saved it as a Text.txt file with the Font size (20)
When i read that file back into Text Entry, everything is the way i saved it ( with Font size )

But if i use the "PrintTextFile" command it printed that text file with the normal font size, and not the size i saved it

Any help please
StarterPack

Re: Change Font size in Ext Text File

Postby Gaev » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:23 am

StarterPack:

Text (.txt) files are (by definition) plain text (i.e. no rich text features) ... so you can not define rich text features (like font, font size, bold, underline etc.) for the content.

I've already created a Text Entry file and saved it as a Text.txt file with the Font size (20)
When i read that file back into Text Entry, everything is the way i saved it ( with Font size )

This information is NOT stored with the file, but is saved in in your .pub/.exe for the Text object being used to read the contents of the Text file ... so it is NeoBook that is doing the transformation.

But if i use the "PrintTextFile" command it printed that text file with the normal font size, and not the size i saved it

Try and use a (rich text) file created using Wordpad ... you can display such files in NeoBook's Article objects ... and still print them using PrintTextFile ... best to setup the Rich Text features in the file rather than the NeoBook object.
Gaev

Re: Change Font size in Ext Text File

Postby StarterPack » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank You Gaev... I'll try that
StarterPack

Return to General NeoBook Discussions