Source language: Translate to:

Windows Version Bug?

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Windows Version Bug?

Postby CN_Iceman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:28 am

Hi.

I'm having some problems with some of the Neobook variables to detect the Windows version in which the program is running. I am using NeoBook v5.8.7 on Windows 10 Pro.

The help file shows the following:

[WindowsPlatform] - The current Windows platform installed (Windows 95, 98, ME = 1, Windows NT, 2000, XP and higher = 2).
[WindowsVer] - The major and minor Windows version number (4.0 for Windows 95, 5.1 for Windows XP, 6.0 for Vista, 6.1 for Windows 7, 6.2 for Windows 8, 6.3 for Windows 8.1, 10 for Windows 10).
[WindowsVerName] - The published name of the installed version of Windows. For example: “Windows 10 Home”.

The [WindowsVer] variable returns a value of 6.2 which corresponds to Windows 8. However, the [WindowsVerName] variable returns a value of "Windows 10 Pro" which is the version I have installed.
I have checked it on several computers and tested it on Windows 10 Pro (v1511) and on Windows 10 Home with Anniversary update (v1607).
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Re: Windows Version Bug?

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:25 pm

You're right, I'm getting the same results here. It used to return the correct number for Windows 10, but Microsoft may have changed something. I think the best option might be to parse the results of the [WindowsVerName] variable. It uses a different Windows API function and is likely to be more accurate than the legacy API call used by [WindowsVer].
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Windows Version Bug?

Postby CN_Iceman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:13 am

Neosoft Support wrote:I think the best option might be to parse the results of the [WindowsVerName] variable.

Yes. I am doing that.
Thx.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Return to General NeoBook Discussions