Source language: Translate to:

Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook account

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook account

Postby UltraVox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:15 am

Hello everyone,

Do you know of a plugin, method or additional features that would allow me to create a Windows application that can connect to my Facebook account, to post messages on several Facebook groups ?

It is a work on Communication for a French association.

Thanks for your answer.
UltraVox
UltraVox
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 am
Location: France

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby Tony Kroos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:53 am

Will see what can I do for you...
Tony Kroos
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby Tony Kroos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:50 am

Looks like it's not possible anymore to post into group wall using Facebook API, unless you're group admin. Previously, you would need a user_groups permission, but now it's deprecated.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions/v2.4 wrote:user_groups
This permission is only available for apps using Graph API version v2.3 or older.
Enables your app to read the Groups a person is a member of through the groups edge on the User object.

Review
This permission does not allow you to create groups on behalf of a person. It is not possible to create groups via the Graph API.

Limited Use
If your app requests this permission Facebook will have to review how your app uses it.

This permission is granted to apps building a Facebook-branded client on platforms where Facebook is not already available. For example, Android and iOS apps will not be approved for this permission. In addition, Web, Desktop, in-car and TV apps will not be granted this permission.

it´s for spam reasons. user_groups was mostly used to spam groups. non-admins should not post to groups at all with the api, they can just go to the group and post manually.


If someone would need Facebook plugin for other purposes contact me.
Tony Kroos
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby UltraVox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:42 am

Thank you.

If this website knows how, then this is possible : http://allingroups.com/en/

I need the same thing, for NeoBook. ;)
UltraVox
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 am
Location: France

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby Tony Kroos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Okay, this site do not use Facebook API. It's some kind of bot or parser which is entering facebook pages, parsing data and submitting forms manually. Sounds trivial and not very interesting...
You can try to emulate it using WebBrowser outside the scene.
Last edited by Tony Kroos on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Kroos
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby stu » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Tony Kroos wrote:...If someone would need Facebook plugin for other purposes contact me.


Interesting... So you have an API wrapper?, I'm interested... I'm always interested in plugins >=)
User avatar
stu
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby Tony Kroos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

So you have an API wrapper?
I do, but in fact, you don't need any plugins to perform most tasks using facebook account.
Tony Kroos wrote:You can try to emulate it using WebBrowser outside the scene.

For example, create WebBrowser and navigate it to https://www.facebook.com. You will get unauthorized login page.
Place a button (or use WebBrowser NavigateComplete event) and fill appropriate elements with your data:
Code: Select all
.set user email
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "email" "your@email.com"
.set user password
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "pass" "password"
.tick remember me box
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "persistent" "1"
.submit login form
BrowserExecScript "WebBrowser1" "document.getElementById('login_form').submit();" "JScript"

If login was successful, you will enter your account main page. Then navigate to group pages and submit whatever messages you want. You may get element names and id's from html source.
Now you know all you need to navigate, get data to parse (BrowserExport), set data and submit forms to emulate whatever you may need with your facebook account. Go ahead.

P.S. Excuse me, I won't participate in further discussions on topic nor provide any solutions because of potential risk of facebook spamming, nb apps or even nb itself may get banned by AV, leading to numerous problems with false positives widely discussing on the forum, so do not ask or send pm. We all understand that any public solution for automating will be used for spamming/advertising by 99% of ppl.
Tony Kroos
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby UltraVox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:51 am

Spam is no longer possible on facebook. New publications are limited to 40 groups per day. But you are right to take precautions. I want to automate actions, but not break the laws of facebook. Thank you for your advice, I'll try with a new Facebook account, created for the occasion.
UltraVox
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 am
Location: France

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby stu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Tony Kroos wrote:
So you have an API wrapper?
I do, but in fact, you don't need any plugins to perform most tasks using facebook account.
Tony Kroos wrote:You can try to emulate it using WebBrowser outside the scene.

For example, create WebBrowser and navigate it to https://www.facebook.com. You will get unauthorized login page.
Place a button (or use WebBrowser NavigateComplete event) and fill appropriate elements with your data:
Code: Select all
.set user email
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "email" "your@email.com"
.set user password
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "pass" "password"
.tick remember me box
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "persistent" "1"
.submit login form
BrowserExecScript "WebBrowser1" "document.getElementById('login_form').submit();" "JScript"

If login was successful, you will enter your account main page. Then navigate to group pages and submit whatever messages you want. You may get element names and id's from html source.
Now you know all you need to navigate, get data to parse (BrowserExport), set data and submit forms to emulate whatever you may need with your facebook account. Go ahead.

P.S. Excuse me, I won't participate in further discussions on topic nor provide any solutions because of potential risk of facebook spamming, nb apps or even nb itself may get banned by AV, leading to numerous problems with false positives widely discussing on the forum, so do not ask or send pm. We all understand that any public solution for automating will be used for spamming/advertising by 99% of ppl.


This is cool... thanks for the tip. I would have liked some api wrpper better but thats just sheer comodity... =)
User avatar
stu
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Plugin, method or additional features for Facebook accou

Postby Tony Kroos » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Facebook API is constantly changing and becoming more and more narrow and restrictive nowadays. It would be hard to maintain such plugin, following the FB dev's blog posts and etc...
Browser automating is your best option, it always works and you can do whatever you want, so don't get upset )
Tony Kroos
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm


Return to General NeoBook Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest